Eric Duncan

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

All I care is that IT2 does $200M DOM, we need a non Disney win.

6 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

We live in an Age where a $90m OW for a Rated R Horror Movie is 'not amazing', lol.

It finishing 2nd isnt quote on quote "amazing" because BOT isnt focusing on that aspect. If It Chapter 2 grosses 100M+ or more on OW it will be the only non-disney film to do so this year and we desperately need some Warner Bros success. And also those with OCD need a nice round number. Imagine how triggered we'll all be if the number ends up being $99.8M

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'm curious about its OS numbers probably more than its domestic ones (I feel like that's been the case with a lot of movies recently). It's a long movie, doesn't have the same buzz as the first one, but it's dreadful in cinemas at the moment. Like, I have zero interest in anything out atm and this is the first movie in a long while that has a blockbuster-ish feel about it. Will that help with it being more back-loaded, perhaps?

It 2's biggest advantage is there isn't really anything big in September. Downton will do well but that appealing to an audience that won't see horror anyway and Ad Astra is a huge question mark as well. 

The budget for this is $60-70m so it's going to be profitable for WB no matter what and it'll be a real boost for them after a crappy summer. They've got Joker next month then a wildcard in Doctor Sleep in November.

9 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'm curious about its OS numbers probably more than its domestic ones (I feel like that's been the case with a lot of movies recently). It's a long movie, doesn't have the same buzz as the first one, but it's dreadful in cinemas at the moment. Like, I have zero interest in anything out atm and this is the first movie in a long while that has a blockbuster-ish feel about it. Will that help with it being more back-loaded, perhaps?

I doubt it im affraid. Smaller openings and worse/same legs are to be expected.

The first one was a global Phenomenon and it never stood a chance reaching the same level IMO. 

500+ mill WW is still awesome but ofcourse looks pale to the first which highly overperformed

24 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

We live in an Age where a $90m OW for a Rated R Horror Movie is 'not amazing', lol.

We live in the age where TLJ opening too 220M and finishing with 620M was a flop. TLK only doing 191M and 535M basically was meh too (OS saved this). Ultron was considered a disappointment by some. Endgame taking longer and help to overtake Avatar was considered meh by some.

And all but Endgame were explained but the previous movie... and that would work for It too. 90M would be a harsher drop than either TLJ or Ultron.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, a2k said:

et tu, it 2? - from non-disney blockbuster hopefuls everywhere

There's a reason only Disney movies are making the big bucks - they're the ones producing the best content. 

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

Speaking of WB, Steven Universe: The Movie would’ve done good with a theatrical release, say around TTG numbers. It’s the best animated film this year by a lot. As well as easily being the best musical apart from Rocketman.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

There's a reason only Disney movies are making the big bucks - they're the ones producing the best content. 

They’re the ones producing the most audience appealing content. 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

All I care is that IT2 does $200M DOM, we need a non Disney win.

Probably happening, but it’s not too hard to imagine x7.8-> 82 and x2.4 ->197 or something.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

And I’d really caution people about that 30M true Fri. I think Jat’s PS:OD skills are solid, but it’s a fundamentally tough prediction to be making and it came from before we had a preview number.    

30M True Fri would be x2.85 from previews, It1 was just x2.75. I suspect true Fri will come in more 27-29ish, which would still be pretty compatible with the 9AM ballpark.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Probably happening, but it’s not too hard to imagine x7.8-> 82 and x2.4 ->197 or something.    

have we had a sequel to >300 movie that did <200?

spectre could have been one but sony fudged it. :lol:

lego2 showed a huge drop from lego1's 250+ this year.

4 minutes ago, a2k said:

have we had a sequel to >300 movie that did <200?

spectre could have been one but sony fudged it. :lol:

lego2 showed a huge drop from lego1's 250+ this year.

Just off the top of my head, one came out in June 😛