PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

JOKER Seem to become top 5 of all time in Egypt,which is the second impressive hollywood movie in Egypt ,only after Titanic(Titanic break Egypt box office record at that time, and beaten by local film "saddi in the american university")

18 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Charlie, have you got any websites which show how it's doing as an October film? As an R-rated (or 15/16 rating+); and whether there's a website which shows the all time Egyptian rankings?

Because it seems like Joker is the 5th highest grossing film of all time in Egypt; apart from being the highest grossing Hollywood film in African country - surpassing Bohemian Rhapsody ~

Bohemian Rhapsody is not the highest grossing film in African country,I do some count about highest grossing film in whole africa region(by US dollars)

1.Black Panther 14m

2.Titanic 13m

3.Avengers Endgame 12m

4.Avatar 11m

5.Furious 7 9.6m

6.The fate of the furious 8m

8.jumanji welcome to jungle 7.4m

9.Avengers Infinity War 7m

10.The Avengers 6m

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Steven said:

Bohemian Rhapsody is not the highest grossing film in African country,I do some count about highest grossing film in whole africa region(by US dollars)

1.Black Panther 14m

2.Titanic 13m

3.Avengers Endgame 12m

4.Avatar 11m

5.Furious 7 9.6m

10.The Avengers 6m

Hey there ^_^

Sorry a typo - I meant to say "in the African country"- with that country being Egypt.

12 hours ago, Steven said:

1.Black Panther 14m

2.Titanic 13m

3.Avengers Endgame 12m

4.Avatar 11m

5.Furious 7 9.6m

10.The Avengers 6m

You missed The Lion King .. movie is in top 5 for sure 

25 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

#Joker global total is $953 M till Thursday as per Forbes ... 

$985 M by Sunday 

Isn't that just an estimation if we calculate by percentage of domestic/international ? 

Edited by RJ 95

After some disaster weekdays in Japan where Joker drop in 40-45% weekly. Finally a respectable drop on Saturday with 31.5% drop from LW, not as good as first 5 weeks but still much better from those weekday drops. Tomorrow should drop worse simply because last Sunday inflate by strong evening business. Probably 49% drop. 

Looking at Japan 40% weekend drop, Germany with 44% drop, France with 35% drop, and Italy with 60% drop. I think 45% OS drop is a good target because while I believe Spain and Portugal will drop big too like Italy because it's going flat LW. UK, Brazil and France will help to normalize it's drop.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

You missed The Lion King .. movie is in top 5 for sure 

you are right,I forget Lion King

The Lion King is the top grossing film in south africa,top 8 of all time in Nigeria,top 5 of all time in east&west africa,and gorss over 20mEGP in Egypt

so, Lion King africa box office, south africa 8.1m,nigeria 1m,east&west africa 0.7m,Egypt 1.5m,gorss $11.3m in whole africa,top 4 of all time in Africa

• Thanks 1

Joker is around $295mn in Europe and will cross $325mn Approx. Coupled with Japan which have similar taste, that reaches $365mn Approx, out of the total $700mn Approx, that it seems like will do. Captain Marvel in same market set did $205mn.

In WW-US-C-Euro-J, CM did $342mn while Joker will do $335mn, $7mn lead.

CM will have a lead of $80mn in NA. 

Joker $160mn in Euro/Japan.

CM by default $155mn lead in China.

In the end, CM will have that $90mn lead of NA in her hand.

Extrapolating China from Taiwan and Hong Kong numbers of other DCEU films give a range of $90-110mn, so taking $100mn, it would have been close call, if released in China.

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

So, now with Joker on lock to cross a billion and pass The Dark Knight sometime during this week, what number Joker will end up in after it hits 1B?

I would call something around 1.05b and with award season might hit above TDKR WW if it’s doing well. Some of us here aim for 1.1b too.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Michael Seng Wah said:

Some of us here aim for 1.1b too.

1.1B's definitely a tough one to do. But, with a rerelease (if there is one), it has a chance of possible chance of hitting that number.

I agree with Joker doing 1.05B. It will pretty much put it over/under Aladdin. Then again, it might also have a chance at stopping somewhere in between On Stranger Tides (1.04B) and Despicable Me 3 (1.03B), depending on how it legs out.