PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

3 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

American Sniper: Am I joke to you?

I think American Sniper's run was very impressive for 2015. I don't think anyone expected that movie to gross 350M and make 547M Worldwide. Not only that, in the month of January, the dumping ground where movies are placed in.

American sniper certainly a surprise but more like a USA-centric surprise, i was referring a worldwide sensation. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

American Sniper: Am I joke to you?

I think American Sniper's run was very impressive for 2015. I don't think anyone expected that movie to gross 350M and make 547M Worldwide. Not only that, in the month of January, the dumping ground where movies are placed in.

That's true!

But perhaps more domestic than international - though I'd like to see how many films on mental illness - prevalent and not glossed over - have passed $400 million worldwide - which is why I'm of the believe that Joker's achievements are very unique - especially with its legs as of late.

Iron Man 2 and American Sniper come to mind; but A Beautiful Mind did very well.

Edited by Bart Allen

15 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

American sniper certainly a surprise but more like a USA-centric surprise, i was referring a worldwide sensation. 

dark phoenix ?  :d , that was a fantastic run it dropped like a rock everywhere, with the same speed

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

Seems like in Finland it will pass Avengers Endgame in 2 weeks for #1 all time SH in there. Already with 314.6k admission. Coming off 34% WE drop.

In Netherland, Joker coming with 711k this weekend and 29% drop. So far it has made €9.2m. This week it will pass Aladdin with 9.7m and Infinity War with 9.3m to become #2 biggest SH in there. 

In Norway, this weekend it increase 15% and made 29.764 admission. With 385.7k admission, third biggest this year behind AEG and TLK.

https://www.insidekino.de/BO/FIN2019.htm

https://www.insidekino.de/BO/N2019.htm

https://www.insidekino.de/BO/NL2019.htm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 2

So, Today Joker drop 41.3% from last week in Japan. This drop and with Terminator release this weekend really make skeptical about its chance to reach >47m. I think it will get 45m but not much after that. In Brazil and Italy, weekdays also seems like pointing to 50% drop. In France, we will get confirmation in few hours but even if it gets 55% drop. We shouldn't be too surprise because last week school holidays. The only good news from weekdays that we can confirm is in Argentina at least still dropping in 38% and Germany estimate in 43%.

For weekdays number I think it depend on how good UK and rest of Europe hold. Hopefully cinema friendly weather in Europe will help in weekend. Anything over 50% drop this week (Mon-Sun) will be good enough for me.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, nghtvsn said:

Doesn't matter now. It can have all the big drops it wants now. It's crossing a billion. Probably the most unexpected billion since AIW. 

Of course, we already know it will get billion since 2 weeks ago but for me it's matter because I want it to get as much as it can. Also hopefully break more record in some countries. Why would I settle I settle for 1 billion when I can see its chance for at least close to 1.1 billion. 

• Like 1

Yes, I think people were expecting drops to soften deeper in its run, but considering how well it's been holding, I think it makes sense that it eventually hits a wall and starts dropping harder. Honestly, I was expecting that to happen about 2-3 weeks ago, so it's already way past my expectations, if the 50% drops only start in its 6th weekend, rather than 3rd.

• Like 3

Realistically, even 50-55% drop shouldn't suprise anyone because last week holiday that soften it's drop but next week it should back to normal hold though. I mean let's see

21-27 Oct : 82.8m

Last week : 63.6m ( 23.2% drop)

This week : 30m ( 51.5%)

if we replace last week with usual 40% drop then Joker only made 50m. Then this week drop will look normal (40%) as usual as we have seen in it's run.

• Like 2

While maybe it drop over 50% this week. It really should break 1b next week. After this weekend alone it will reach 980m. How come you guys make a scenario that next week it will get below 20m ?

Even OS alone next week probably already add 17-18m.

Edited by RJ 95

2 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

Of course, we already know it will get billion since 2 weeks ago but for me it's matter because I want it to get as much as it can. Also hopefully break more record in some countries. Why would I settle I settle for 1 billion when I can see its chance for at least close to 1.1 billion. 

Agree. Hopefully it can still pass Aladdin worldwide, that would be crazy. But I'm more than happy with over 1 bln and over TDK, the rest is cherry on top.