Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread: It 2 40.74 (-55%), Hustlers 33.23 (Record for STX and J-Lo), Goldflop 2.64 (LOL)

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Venom cost less in combined production and worldwide P&A costs ($227M) than the wall crawler (Spider-Man: Homecoming‘s costs were $332M).

Homecoming had 332m PA , venom at 227m. That is quite straightforward highlighted in the sentence. Read slower next time, or else...

Image result for the ability to speak does not

You literally have the breakdown here. Can't believe I have to point that out for you.

https://issuu.com/deadline2/docs/no._6_venom_rt

Venom

ww prints and ads - 127 million.

@titanic2187

You included the production budget for Venom LOL

Venom cost less in combined production and worldwide P&A costs ($227M) 

Like I said

Venom Ww Promotion - 127 million

ASIB ww promotion - 110 million

yikes promoted the same amount as a blockbuster and couldn't even crack the top 10. 

Edited by HeadShot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

@titanic2187

You included the production budget for Venom LOL

Venom cost less in combined production and worldwide P&A costs ($227M) 

Like I said

Venom Ww Promotion - 127 million

ASIB ww promotion - 110 million

yikes promoted the same amount as a blockbuster and couldn't even crack the top 10. 

2 hours ago, HeadShot said:

If I remember correctly the promotional budget was on the level of most blockbusters (120 million dollars), which was way more than Venom. 

ASIB : 110m

Venom : 127m 

I didn't inflate the number, that was the original text of deadline, just I don't how is 110m is way more than 127m. 

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

ASIB : 110m

Venom : 127m 

I didn't inflate the number, that was the original text of deadline, just I don't how is 110m is way more than 127m. 

You misread what they said. Next time just look at the breakdowns - its easier. 

I literally said IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.   I was basing it off my memory.  But I do recall that their PA were very close to each other. It's surprising considering that eg. LaLa Land, a best picture winner,  had a very low PA. Most Oscar bait movies aren't promoted as heavily as blockbusters.  

SM: FFH has finally crossed CM for #3 WW 2019.

CM :- 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $426,829,839    37.8%
Foreign:  $701,444,955    62.2%

Worldwide:  $1,128,274,794

SM: FFH :- 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $389,199,554    34.5%
Foreign:  $739,076,642    65.5%

Worldwide:  $1,128,276,196  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 9/14/2019 at 12:25 AM, Thanos Legion said:

RT audience down a tick at 73 with 936 reviews. I don’t think it’s getting rejected or anything, but definitely adjusting my leg expectations down some.

After watching it I kinda get it. I really liked the movie but it's one of those movies where you feel like you're watching people having fun instead of having fun with them. Great filmmaking energy on display that somehow doesn't translate to getting the audience energized. 

12 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

You misread what they said. Next time just look at the breakdowns - its easier. 

I literally said IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.   I was basing it off my memory.  But I do recall that their PA were very close to each other. It's surprising considering that eg. LaLa Land, a best picture winner,  had a very low PA. Most Oscar bait movies aren't promoted as heavily as blockbusters.  

La La Land had a net profit of $68.25M (including home video) despite making $427M at the box office accord to deadline. In the USA, Lionsgate spent $50M on P&A alone which obviously doesn’t include the amount other distributors spent on it in other countries. 

No Oscar film is going to be promoted as heavily as a blockbuster, including A Star Is Born considering most blockbusters can have marketing budgets upwards of $200M. WB didn’t over spend on A Star Is Born. Sony  just spent less than usual on a CBM

Edited by Nova

31 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Venom cost less in combined production and worldwide P&A costs ($227M) than the wall crawler (Spider-Man: Homecoming‘s costs were $332M).

Homecoming had 332m PA , venom at 227m. That is quite straightforward highlighted in the sentence. Read slower next time, or else...

Image result for the ability to speak does not

The 227 and 332 are for production+PA, not PA alone. Not sure how that affects the broader argument, haven’t been following along closely.

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Nice to see people pay attention to JLo's talent and starpower, it's exhausting have to hear from the media about the overrated Beyonce all the time. 

Indeed. People are now trying to make a scandal out of Beyonce's 'Homecoming' losing its Emmy noms, and the Beyhive is all over Twitter blowing their collective gasket about how her "cultural phenomenon" release didn't win. In reality the corresponding live album didn't even sell 100,000 copies in pure sales globally.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

La La Land had a net profit of $68.25M (including home video) despite making $427M at the box office accord to deadline. In the USA, Lionsgate spent $50M on P&A alone which obviously doesn’t include the amount other distributors spent on it in other countries. 

No Oscar film is going to be promoted as heavily as a blockbuster, including A Star Is Born considering most blockbusters can have marketing budgets upwards of $200M. WB didn’t over spend on A Star Is Born. Sony  just spent less than usual on a CBM

Lionsgate's profit for La La Land is quite small considering it was made for $30m but I guess they were a few backend deals for the stars and the director but also they only got a cut of the US and UK grosses since they sold the OS rights to foreign distributors.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

On top of a $3bn box office history and 80 million records sold, she’s just had her biggest opening weekend of her career and she’s 50 years old

Maybe she’s master of.... longevity. 

JLo looks better at 50 

jennifer-lopez-in-all-black-at-despierta

than Beyoncé at 38photo-by-gareth-cattermole-getty-images-

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

110 million is still a blockbuster sized promotion. Far to much for something like ASIB. It managing to crawl past Venom in the US with a similar promotional campaign isn't impressive. I'd also argue that it received more promotion domestically than Venom - but I cant prove that. 

PA's 

Deadpool 2 - 135 million

Doctor Strange - 139 million

Moana - 135 million

Aquaman - 148 million

Fantastic Beasts  - 145 million

The Jungle Book - 158 million

wonder woman, gotg 2, jumanji 2, thor ragnarok all had around 150 million PA's.  

The fact that ASIB is even close to some of these movies shows what a massive push the movie had - not to mention all the re-expansions and the re-release.   

• Like 1