RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

This looks extremely cheap and student film like. Even their every day outfits come off so costumy; you’re the sporty one, you’re the sexy one,  you’re the nerdy one. Good thing is it can be that much of a disaster if it’s really that cheap.

also having Dakota Johnson as your lead and narrator is a choice. 

Edited by Manny G
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Venom looked different from this. This looks like substantially lower budget.

I'm also surprised at how there's...almost no inference of this being Spider-Man related other than Simms costume looking like him. Didn't even mention that Adam Scott's character is Uncle Ben.

Two points on this. It is low budget. Second point; after The Marvels I bet Sony want to hide all the universe stuff as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Her voice is so monotone. I don't if it's to match the music or they chose the song to match her monotone way of speaking

That’s what I like about the tone though. She feels like a proper random with her own life thrown into something. It’s a basic premise but still works.

4 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

Two points on this. It is low budget. Second point; after The Marvels I bet Sony want to hide all the universe stuff as much as possible.

I don't see how the hell they can, it's a movie about fucking time travel. And since Simms motivation is literally directly tied to Spider-Man it'll be really hard to avoid. I also don't see why Sony would avoid it when...the Sony films have had incredible success with the Multiverse Spider-People concept 

Also Simms costume...is ugly? I guess they didn't want the red highlighted too much to distract from miles but at a glance you might not even notice it's supposed to look like Spider-Man. (Especially that shot in the diner)

Edited by SpiderByte