RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

17 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

quorum-people-who-pretend-to-not-be-quorum-people, how is this doing in comparison to morbius? dont know if it'll translate to tickets sold, but it sure feels like people only a very aware of this movie 

Yeah, I don’t know, maybe Sony is just keeping its powder dry for a big push early next month, but I haven’t run into any Madame Web ads or promotion yet. By contrast I’ve seen the trailer for that Bob Marley biopic coming out at the same time ahead of multiple movies and in front of, like, every other YouTube video I watch. It’s not hard to conclude Sony knows it has a stinkbomb on its hands and isn’t willing to throw good money after bad, but I guess we will see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustWatching said:

Yeah, I don’t know, maybe Sony is just keeping its powder dry for a big push early next month, but I haven’t run into any Madame Web ads or promotion yet. By contrast I’ve seen the trailer for that Bob Marley biopic coming out at the same time ahead of multiple movies and in front of, like, every other YouTube video I watch. It’s not hard to conclude Sony knows it has a stinkbomb on its hands and isn’t willing to throw good money after bad, but I guess we will see.

Every sign is Sony is dumping Madame Webb. 

• Like 3

On 1/10/2024 at 3:42 PM, Krissykins said:

Just throwing out a random prediction:

$22,000,000 6 day

$40,000,000 total domestic. 

It seems doomed. I’m excited to see it though, maybe it’ll be a camp mess! 

Feeling good about the $22m 6 day and my prediction that Bob Marley could beat it to #1. 

• Like 3

On 1/27/2024 at 9:19 PM, Eric George said:

lol I love how chaotic every Sony Marvel movie press tour is. Top class stuff.

Crazy that she actually said that, even if it was a bit twisted by the press

They're both definitely a lot better and pretty creative. Although anything would be better than the first one. Still looking forward to seeing this probable fascinating train wreck, although probably not in the cinema. 

two months ago DanielRPK said this "My understanding from what sources told me about the lastest draft for Spider-Man 4 is that the film will once again have some multiversal elements. Sony really insisting on having one of their spinoff characters appear". Marvel studios could have a very different opinion and not let sony use the characters in the mcu, but sounds like sony is insisting with using julia or kraven in the mcu ( since the venom symbiote is already in the mcu since no way home)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

They seem to be leaning in to marketing Sweeney in this on tiktok specifically. Could spell good news for the film.

I see Sydney Sweeney did Hot Ones too. Makes sense for her to do Gen Z and Dakota older audiences. 

59 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The newer report is Sony want Tobey and Andrew back too. It sounds like Marvel wants something more grounded, which I hope they get. especially if Goddard is directing

Yeah, since the grouded thing is a Spiderman & Daredevil( and maybe Ant Man) team up against Kingpin's henchmans it could make sense having Kraven as a mercenary from Kingpin or Julia helping the heroes. Cosmic Circus hints this week that could be Kraven

11 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Umm... spoiler alert?? (Even if they're unverified rumors so far)

ehh i guess that was for the 

Spoiler

baby peter parker thing?

that was basically confirmed for all the marvel insiders except for the trades. But some had trades level sources ( like sneider, who worked a lot of years at the trades and was fired but still has a lot of the sources). Problem in this case is that before the trailer, for a lot of months,  we basically only know that thing and the cosmic circus's characters info. Like a very big disconection before the early informal info and the recent bad marketing that i get confused in what is spoiler and what not 

• Like 1