Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't think any plot points from Daredevil are gonna make their way into the movies or it'll even be a significant role it's just the type of thinking like "oh there's a scene where spider-man needs a lawyer why not use our popular lawyer character who also lives in New York?" it's fanservicey but it doesn't have to feel shoehorned in.

Spider-Man needs a lawyer to defend him? 

6 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I didn't know that stuff was leaked, and I'm guessing most of the GA didn't either, so relying on leaks to build hype for the general audience seems crazy to me.

Yes, that's my point: even though they leaked in advance they didn't use them, which is why they were still huge moments. They don't need to shout Tobey and Andrew are in it for it to be a hook. Spider-Man sells itself.

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

Some takes in this thread are odd. Daredevil is a popular show. He is rumored to show up because he is a lawyer and Peter needs a lawyer. Most people don't follow leaks so if Tobey and Andrew aren't in the trailers, people won't think they're in the movie. 

They may as well just confirm them. I see people being nasty towards each other in Facebook comment sections saying that people are stupid for believing that they're in the movie. 

Still 100% convinced this will be the beginning of Marvel's decline in quality. The multiverse shit just robs so many future instalments of so much palpable conflict.

Needlessly complicating things and simultaneously allowing for plot holes to reign galore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yes, that's my point: even though they leaked in advance they didn't use them, which is why they were still huge moments. They don't need to shout Tobey and Andrew are in it for it to be a hook. Spider-Man sells itself.

Okay, well I'm gonna stop here because I'm getting dizzy from going in circles.  We aren't going to agree this at any point, lol.

1 minute ago, infamous5445 said:

How does that help him clear his name lol?

He's a fucking Avenger and saved the world multiple times...not to mention the universe! You think he needs a lawyer to defend him? Even Black Widow walked her ass out of Congress. 

It just is not believable for this iteration of SM, imo. But I would love to be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

He's a fucking Avenger and saved the world multiple times...not to mention the universe! You think he needs a lawyer to defend him? Even Black Widow walked her ass out of Congress. 

It just is not believable for this iteration of SM, imo. But I would love to be proven wrong.

dc comics joker GIF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Still 100% convinced this will be the beginning of Marvel's decline in quality. The multiverse shit just robs so many future instalments of so much palpable conflict.

Needlessly complicating things and simultaneously allowing for plot holes to reign galore.

Which would actually be kinda perfect since that is what hurt comics for a while, lol.

DC had to have a miniseries called Crisis on Infinite Earths to kill off a ton of the 'variants' to clean shit up.

That came out in 1986!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

When he's been publicly accused of an act of terrorism, yes, people generally need a lawyer for that.

understand what you're telling me - I'm just saying it feels a little comical when you can easily argue they could have been charged with terrorism multiple times but weren't. 

The world of the Avengers basically is an entire fuck you to the necessity of lawyers for superheroes lol. They always do what they want to do.

10 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I'm amazed at how anyone still cares about whats going on in the MCU after Thanos.  Like who cares about all these other 2-bit stock villains now.  Thanos was not only the big bad that could kick everyone's ass(except scarlet witch for some reason?), he was also the most compelling character the MCU ever produced.

• Disbelief 1