charlie Jatinder

Thursday Numbers (10/10)

Wow, that is indeed much stronger than it was looking yesterday. High 7's, never mind 8 would be phenomenal, especially if we're going to then see a Fri increase that will potentially be over 100%. Should the Fri and Sat increases be even stronger than we expect, we could be seeing 200 on Monday... 

Certainly, the updates we're getting regarding Friday ps seem to point to that very optimistic scenario, but we'll see. Regardless, truly fantastic run so far.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm pretty sure no one expected a run like this. No one I know expected the movie to both open big and also have a leggy run. Even I said it will open big but have terrible legs.

Pro.bo had 105 ow and 205 dom at one point. Was thinking IT1, Logan like legs at most.

3x+ multi seems certain.

36 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Sub 50% weekend would be crazy but looks like it might happen. Wonder Woman and Black Panther are the only blockbusters/CBM that dropped <50% in 2nd weekend lately that i remember

And both were PG-13 and have huge novelty and momentum.Now that i’m Thinking about it have any R Rated movie ever had a sub 50% drop on their 2nd weekend?

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Now that i’m Thinking about it have any R Rated movie ever had a sub 50% drop on their 2nd weekend?

A lot of Oscar nominated dramas that start at a wide release, Argo dropped 15%

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am calling dibs on 65mn.

Joker has certainly awaken the BO guy in me for a while after a boring last 3 months.

Boxofficepro predict Joker will gross 42 million this weekend. It might reach 42 million by Saturday evening at this rate lol

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Should have clarified that I meant R Rated movies with the same release schedule as Joker.

Argo was a WB film that opened in October wide release too, unless you mean movies that open above a certain level. A lot of R-rated adult dramas have small drops week-to-week; but they also open a lot softer than Joker did

Edited by TMP

18 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

CBMs Thursday (previews) on Thursday drop

Venom 58% (2nd weekend drop 56%)

Captain Marvel 56% (2nd weekend drop 56%)

Giving that Joker is 38%, gives 60mn Approx, due to Holiday, that could go to 63-65mn.

With 8.25 mil Thursday, could do these numbers:

+140% Friday

+30% Saturday

-25% Sunday

Gives 64.8 mil weekend

Edited by lorddemaxus

14 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

First Thursday for:

- Captain Marvel: $9.2M

- Venom: $4.3M

- Shazam: $2.4M

If Joker delivers that $8.25m Thursday, cume will be $138.6m, 58 million behind CM at the same point.

Captain Marvel did a $68m 2nd weekend, and as @Charlie Jatinder says, Joker could go as high as 63-65 because of holidays. After that, CM dropped a 50% during its 3rd weekend, something that Joker could match. It would mean to, more or less, keep the gap of about 60-65 million. With decent drops from then, this would mean Joker could try 350-360? even higher if gets several Oscar noms? It sounds so absurd...

Edited by peludo

$60M wtf? 

•With the same post-second weekend: 2nd weekend ratio as the following, Joker would gross:

-It: $303M

-Venom: $317M

-Captain Marvel: $334M

•This can beat It, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Aquaman domestically; it might also reach top 100 worldwide

Edited by StarWarsMemer

13 minutes ago, StarWarsMemer said:

$60M wtf? 

•With the same post-second weekend: 2nd weekend ratio as the following, Joker would gross:

-It: $303M

-Venom: $317M

-Captain Marvel: $334M

•This can beat It, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Aquaman domestically; it might also reach top 100 worldwide

Fancy seeing you here