Jamiem

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 558m OS 1.073B WW

15 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Haven't done the math country by country myself so let me check.

SK/PH $10m

Japan: $23m (20-25 seems right)

It did $19.4m this week so (WW - Japan did 84.6m)

And I know about Germany and Europe thats why I think it will drop super hard now, movies go crazy strong in the winter holiday but the week after movies see 65% drops. Desolation of smaug dropped that much and it had better WoM. So using 65% = $29.6m and it won't have the same hold so maybe about 27.5m and 1.8 times legs give it $50m.

468+55+23+10 = $551m

So yeah 550m is probably more likely, so you are right!

What's the likely WW total now that we have a better understanding?

Just now, Valonqar said:

Passing Joker WW sucks because Joker deserves to be above but at least TROS is dead for Top 5 WW. It can't catch CM.

I mean, the fact that there's even a chance that Joker finishes above - or, hell, even 10-20 million behind TROS says it all about both movies' respective performance...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Downward trend is downward trend. It's a warning to studios that they should not continue with the same cast unless they want to drive the series into the ground. Next movie would have made much less and maybe even deservedly bombed. I want TROS to drop as much as possible so that studio gets that they must move on. this cast is not bankable, they keep losing fandom and money so no reason to ever bring them back. I didn't see TROS in theaters because I didn't want to support their boxoffice. So I'm glad TROS dropped from TLJ.

We know what the next films are going to be.

• Thanks 1