TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

24 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Could be a myriad of people really. Basically anyone we know is coming in Phase 4, 5 and 6. The problem is we just don't have a clue who will be involved and who will be conveniently absent. I assume the "main" heroes would be Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Thor, Spider-Man, Shang Chi and Black Panther. All of the newer heroes would fill in spaces. 

I think the smart way to go (and Feige is pretty damn smart) is to bring fans/audiences' expectations into the narrative, itself -- i.e. many people are "skeptical" about whether this new crop of "Avengers" (and there's no indication they are even a newly-reformed team, yet) can hold their own in audience interest and powerful impact vs. the original team.  Bring that into the story.  KANG might be specifically picking THIS point in the timeline to attack when he KNOWS that the so-called "Avengers" are at their weakest/in a moment of transition... in fact he may even take a strategy of sidelining the senior players (Larson's Marvel, Strange, Thor) in an attempt to take over.  Then we'll see what they're really made of.  I assume since Cretton is Directing at least one of these that Shang-Chi will be a big player. 

In Ant-Man, of course, KANG is testing the waters to get Lang to do something for him in the Quantum Realm.  But we don't even know if this same KANG will be the one showing up in KANG DYNASTY...or there may be MANY of them...

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I think the smart way to go (and Feige is pretty damn smart) is to bring fans/audiences' expectations into the narrative, itself -- i.e. many people are "skeptical" about whether this new crop of "Avengers" (and there's no indication they are even a newly-reformed team, yet) can hold their own in audience interest and powerful impact vs. the original team.  Bring that into the story.  KANG might be specifically picking THIS point in the timeline to attack when he KNOWS that the so-called "Avengers" are at their weakest/in a moment of transition... in fact he may even take a strategy of sidelining the senior players (Larson's Marvel, Strange, Thor) in an attempt to take over.  Then we'll see what they're really made of.  I assume since Cretton is Directing at least one of these that Shang-Chi will be a big player. 

In Ant-Man, of course, KANG is testing the waters to get Lang to do something for him in the Quantum Realm.  But we don't even know if this same KANG will be the one showing up in KANG DYNASTY...or there may be MANY of them...

We'll know who are the Avengers now only when Feige and Marvel Studios officially announce it, which they will do if not this year, then by February or March 2024, as they will start filming at that time. And if Feige doesn't reveal the first, second, and third billing of Avengers 5, then its official poster in December 2024 will make it clear.

Edited by Factcheck

13 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I think reviews for this will be much better than expected ...90+%. Hence, MCU crowd will get excited and get it to a 105+ opening. Wom will be surprisingly very good..will end with 280+ domestically. It also helps that it will be the first big movie since Avatar 2, so it might overperform in international markets barring few. I have a feeling it will somehow crack 650M WW without China and Russia

Ant-Man and The Wasp is 87% and probably was 90+% when it was released. No way this one is doing much more than the previous one.

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

I assume the "main" heroes would be Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Thor, Spider-Man, Shang Chi and Black Panther. All of the newer heroes would fill in spaces.

The DISRESPECT 

image.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

More important would be to see what reason China comes up with to ban it lol.

"We don't want the Chinese public to be misled in thinking the Quantum realm actually exists from Westerners...because we are working on it, ourselves."

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, XXR the Conqueror said:

Oh yea I forgot about him. Now you wanna talk about a 80M opener, just wait until Cap 4! 😜

Hold on, let me get something 

Captain America Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Ban

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Oh yea I forgot about him. Now you wanna talk about a 80M opener, just wait until Cap 4! 😜

1 minute ago, Cap said:

Hold on, let me get something 

Captain America Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Ban

Mods banning Mods. We're in the Endgame now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

All of the newer heroes would fill in spaces. 

but theres way too many of them and the GA doesnt care about the majority of those