TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Not for Marvel. They have a big enough fanbase to make $700M+ without a major GA presence. Love and Thunder and MoM are examples of this 

Marvel needs the GA for mega event like NWH, Black Panther, Avengers 

That is just not true.

I don't think any fanbase in the world can generate that much revenue by itself, without getting a good share of the non fanbade audience.

People really over estimate the hardcore fanbase of franchises. Star Wars has as big a fanbase as any, and that could not save SOLO.

ANyway, the GA is where the big profits are;you have to keep them in mind.

3 minutes ago, exomassey said:

It does feel like reviews have killed the buzz, wouldn’t be surprised to see it keep dropping over the weekend.

Like Eternals all over again but Eternals wasn’t the big phase 5 event. Not good.

If this really is meant to set up  the big bad for Phase Six, and it underperforms, Marvel has problems.

7 minutes ago, XXR You Ok Annie said:

I'm not assuming anything, that just seems to be the rough area it's heading towards. Either way, 80M isn't happening so that's a moot prediction. 

I agree. 80m is not realistic even if it craters completely(and that is a probable outcome). But if things dont recover by afternoon tomorrow, I am going under 100m OW. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I dont have much confidence in 19M previews at the rate sales seem to be slowing down. These reviews getting released and going rotten on RT will have some more of an effect on slowing down. I am thinking 18M seems more likely and that would still mean around 100 OW (3day) which is fine all said and done.

I was just expecting a good movie and not the 2nd worst reviewed Marvel movie ever (lets say a 5% chance of that occuring for the people who are taking a lap over there under 100M predictions 2- 3 weeks ago). 

24 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I agree. 80m is not realistic even if it craters completely(and that is a probable outcome). But if things dont recover by afternoon tomorrow, I am going under 100m OW. 

I’ll be surprised if my Quantumania OW under MoM OD ($90.7M) club happens.

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I still think the "under $90M 3-day" is a bit of an overreaction. Yeah, the reviews definitely hurt it but early PS looked like $110-120M now more in the low $100Ms 

for real,I think open with 105m and overall 200m is the target

But 75m OW and 160m Overall still could happen,like 20% chance

46 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Transformer highest grossing film of the year. I can smell it

in peru maybe

nothing ive seen so far makes me think it can do more than 700 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

12 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Over/unders on the mods locking this thread before Friday?

Lets get it done!

Edited by interiorgatordecorator