TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think making 4th movie means paying lot more for the stars. If they dont do that its cheaper to make these movies. Obvious ROI is not there when you have an Ant-man 3rd movie. I think if we see Rudd again, it will be in Avengers movies. There I dont think he has the heft to command a huge pay check. But someone like Tom Holland or Cumberbatch will command a big pay check. There was a news that both Infinity Wars/Endgame cost Disney 1.2B to make and that is mostly due to humongous star cast. I am not sure they will do that for Kang wars. 

Paul Rudd's salary for Ant-Man 3 was $8 million, as per Forbes. As per some other sites Bendict Cumberbatch Salary for DS2 was 7.5M & Tom Holland salary for NWH was 10M.  Chris Hemsworth was paid 20M for L&T & Brie Larson will be paid minimum 15M for The Marvels.  So Benedict isn't as big a name when it comes to salary as some people think.

2 hours ago, Willowra said:

Paul Rudd's salary for Ant-Man 3 was $8 million, as per Forbes. As per some other sites Bendict Cumberbatch Salary for DS2 was 7.5M & Tom Holland salary for NWH was 10M.  Chris Hemsworth was paid 20M for L&T & Brie Larson will be paid minimum 15M for The Marvels.  So Benedict isn't as big a name when it comes to salary as some people think.

Cumberbatch is getting screwed. He's the only one of them to actually draw people in as a lead in a hit non-franchise movie.

As much as the internet loathes Iron Man 3 with a passion even to this day, it's a fun superhero blockbuster with a lot of Shane Black's creative style. You don't make $1.2B Worldwide in 2013 if the audience didn't like it!

Civil War is an entire different style of movie with a bleak tone and downer ending.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

As much as the internet loathes Iron Man 3 with a passion even to this day, it's a fun superhero blockbuster with a lot of Shane Black's creative style. You don't make $1.2B Worldwide in 2013 if the audience didn't like it!

Civil War is an entire different style of movie with a bleak tone and downer ending.

I don't hate IM3, though I don't think it's good either, essentially down to a terrible script, but I have some slight reservations about your assessment. It's literally the follow-up to The Avengers. The Avengers was when the MCU finally came together and blew up - the follow-up to that, especially featuring the most popular of the main characters, was always gonna do great. Legs under 2.4x aren't really tremendous, especially if you're trying to positively compare it to Civil War (domestic openings and total are similar).

Even internationally the multipliers aren't THAT much worse. The Euro and GBP were weaker in 2016 than in 2013 so the exchange rates account for a lot of the weaker numbers in a lot of European markets (CW also opened lower than IM3, not just the multipliers in some of these markets, which you wouldn't really expect form an Avengers 2.5).

All this to say that yes, CW was a bit of a downer, but it also paid for the sins of Age of Ultron (Ant Man was a bit of a non-entity back then too - a lot of people would have skipped that and just seen Avengers 2 and Avengers 2.5). On the flipside, IM3 may not be as bad as some people make it out to be, but its numbers are very squarely on the shoulders of The Avengers.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Saul Goodman said:

Iron Man 4 would have been an easy $1.3B plus movie in the last decade and they didn't make that!

They would’ve easily have done it if RDJ didn’t command such a huge payday.