TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

18 hours ago, poweranimals said:

It probably just won't release there. Or maybe they can work something out by then.

Get real. I'll be the first person here to say it, Shang Chi won't be in any Avengers films. Marvel will turn SC into his own franchise like The Batman to make themselves feel better. Sorry, but one character isnt worth losing out on $100m-200m from one country.

China has a real weird hate boner for Shang Chi.

• ...wtf 1

On 2/20/2023 at 1:02 AM, eddyxx said:

how the fuck are they gonna get a release for avengers 5 with him in it lol. Edit him out? #ReleaseTheSimuCut

The Avengers cast is going to be so stacked, Simu might not have 10 min of screentime. I guess Disney could release a simu-free cut

I'm not sure if KD can get to $2B without China 

46 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

The Avengers cast is going to be so stacked, Simu might not have 10 min of screentime. I guess Disney could release a simu-free cut

I'm not sure if KD can get to $2B without China 

The MCU has SO MANY supers now floating around, they should reduce the Avengers movie cast.  You only make Infinity War work once...and even the Russos knew that Endgame needed to be simplified in hero count...and was.

MCU should pick their top 6-8 with Spidey on the team.  That's who should be in Kang Dynasty as the main "we're saving the day" group...no more.  You don't want an Eternals situation, where GA need to be introduced to D+ only heroes or other not popular heroes that haven't been involved in the plot anyway...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

What did you do to your hair, baby girl? Feige must've saw that anti-vax post and exacted punishment by giving Evangeline one of the worst haircuts in cinema history and regulating her to 3rd wheel behind Ant-man and his daughter.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

EmpireCity says worldwide box office has changed

so thats what the spinmaster general is going for

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

He is in fact right, it has changed but that doesn´t excuse the weak performance by Ant-Man 3 which is solely because the movie is garbage. It would easily have gotten past the Ant-Man 2 with a average reception. 

On 2/17/2023 at 11:12 PM, nevermore said:

I imagine there was no Raimi nostalgia to carry it. It's not a great movie when you take that away.

No, it is because NWH is such a cinema movie. The cheer and scream when each characters from other universe make their entry elevate the experience that streaming can never replicate. I saw the movie with my laptop a year later and the effect of that movie had on me diluted so so much at home. 

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

Yes, it has changed for Mediocre Products like last few MCU movies,  and if this continues, even domestic will change.

On other hand, good movies like Avatar, Top Gun are doing well, even for Marvel, No Way Home did well.

Make good products, give people entertainment.

6 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yes, it has changed for Mediocre Products like last few MCU movies,  and if this continues, even domestic will change.

On other hand, good movies like Avatar, Top Gun are doing well, even for Marvel, No Way Home did well.

Make good products, give people entertainment.

There was lot of nostalgia factor involved with success of NWH, TGM...and Avatar is Avatar. It's undeniable that significant % of audience have mostly stopped going to theaters post-pandemic

43 minutes ago, YM! said:

Honestly, I’m glad they moved The Marvels back  because this would happen to it too. I don’t think Marvel should do four movies a year anyways.

VFX work schedule for AM3 got messed up because of Letitia Wright's injury. Because of her injury, WF's filming got delayed and completed in March, and they both had to start VFX work at the same time. I don't think such a situation will arise again.

• Like 1