TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

7 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Because Scott fell into a time vortex. That's the same way the Avengers were able to use the Quantum Realm to travel through time in Endgame.

Okay but they didn't make this clear in the past. In Endgame Scott just says "Time works differently in the quantum realm". To my knowledge no character ever clarified that there are "time vortexes".

But if this is the case then thank you for clarifying yourself. That at least makes some sense.

• Knock It Off 1

Just now, Verrows said:

Okay but they didn't make this clear in the past. In Endgame Scott just says "Time works differently in the quantum realm". To my knowledge no character ever clarified that there are "time vortexes".

But if this is the case then thank you for clarifying yourself. That at least makes some sense.

In Ant-Man 2, Janet told Scott not to get sucked into any time vortexes.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 3:10 AM, AJG said:

B Cinemascore means this is the second MCU movie I’m not leaving my house to watch.

There’s something deeply troubling about the quality of these MCU movies and it deserves investigation. Do we know if Big Kevin is in good health? Have we seen him without the hat? What happened to testing the movies and reshooting them?

Kevin is having ChatGPT write the MCU now to save money

• Haha 2

I am not one for conspiracy theories so I dismiss the idea that critics were overly-kind to Marvel. I just genuinely agree with a point Kermode made in his review - a lot of more traditional critics have just had enough of it, especially after Endgame felt so final and everything since has been meaningless, with ever-diminishing stakes.

I actually liked this more than MoM, for whatever that's worth (not much). Guardians 3 better deliver...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yes, it made nearly 2 billion and wasn't an Avengers movie. Imagine what a movie that will probably at least have Spider-Man in a prominent role and is an Avengers movie

No Way Home performed better than Infinity War minus China. It was not Avengers movie, but just as big.

Being an Avengers movie doesn't give you guarantee of being bigger than No Way Home which had it's own reason to why it was so big.

Also there's not even a guarantee that Kang Dynasty will open bigger than Infinity War and NWH with the mess MCU been making lately.

2 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Also there's not even a guarantee that Kang Dynasty will open bigger than Infinity War and NWH with the mess MCU been making lately

A completely arbitrary hypothetical. It's also not a guarantee it won't perform like the previous four Avengers movies. Both are equally based in "just vibes" and not data

Everyone I know who has seen this really liked it a lot.

The movie doesn't even have to be great. It has the luxury of the main villain in both Loki season 2 and the next Avengers movie. So whatever happens specifically in this movie doesn't mean more than showcasing the "next Thanos" which may be much more important moving forward.

Speaking of Avengers Kang Dynasty, the reception of Loki season 2 may have a LOT more impact on the anticipation for AKD than AM&W QM.