TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

Candyman 2021 is a huge step down from the original as that’s one of my favorite horror movies but it’s not as bad as I thought it’d be. I liked Little Woods and I’m cool with DeCosta getting another chance. At the very least, she’s more interesting a director than most of the other Phase 5/6 directors besides Cretton and definitely better than say Jon Watts.

I don’t think Coogler will direct Secret Wars for pretty obvious reasons. I wouldn’t be opposed to Peyton getting it, as I really dig Ant-Man and the Wasp, though Quantumania looks boring.

Edited by YM!
  • Astonished 1

50 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Is it just me, or has anyone been noticing this trend fairly consistently the last couple of weeks?  Nothing huge, but I'm seeing it popping up pretty regularly.  

Aren't Twitter trends personalized based on your account activity? Like there's also the generic "United States Trends" and I haven't seen Ant-Man pop up there outside of trailer launches.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I forgot that the writer for this also wrote for Rick and Morty. Why has Marvel been so crazy about Rick and Morty writers lately? 

Because if anyone knows anything about unfunny quips it’s Rick and Morty writers.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, YM! said:

Because if anyone knows anything about unfunny quips it’s Rick and Morty writers.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1