TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

17 minutes ago, The Wild Eric said:

Moderation

Reminder that Flopped/La Binoche is a troll who does nothing but start fights against stans of certain actresses, singers, and franchises. It's pretty impressive they've been on the forum for this long, but next time? Just report their posts. After all, trolls aren't allowed here. Or better yet, @ me. Thank youuuuuu

Go to sleep, bb.

• Like 1

Just now, Claire of Themyscira said:

Go to sleep, bb.

I literally just woke up. I work the early morning hours, where my shift starts at 3:30 AM. This is my day off, where I get up at 6 AM. So...yeah. I don't need to go to sleep. Though sadly, with this job, any time I go to sleep, this whole place descends into chaos because of petty trolls and petty fanboys that just can't help themselves. Really, I wish I never had to go to sleep. Oh well.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Wild Eric said:

I literally just woke up. I work the early morning hours, where my shift starts at 3:30 AM. This is my day off, where I get up at 6 AM. So...yeah. I don't need to go to sleep. Though sadly, with this job, any time I go to sleep, this whole place descends into chaos because of petty trolls and petty fanboys that just can't help themselves. Really, I wish I never had to go to sleep. Oh well.

Awe, I gotcha. Hang in there, babe! Mwah. ❤️

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

K y’all need to stop. Seriously. How the heck do we go from “yea, Joker’s presales suck and WOM seems bleh” to “RIP Lady Gaga’s career?” Like bffr.

Honestly, I think only one or two messages has said Gaga career will be negatively affected (and one of them seems a troll). However, as it's a pretty slanderous statement, people feel the need to constanly oppose and deny it in their messages, which gives the impression it's a big topic in the thread. At the end, I feel the "People in BOT are saying Gaga career is ruined" idea is really exagerated.

There is a another discussion about how Gaga isn't really the draw that people expected for this movie, but this isn't really a discussion about the future of her career.

Edited by Kon

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I can take or leave Gaga's music but she is a movie star and I hope she gets more opportunities to show it. Her performance in House of Gucci was crying out to be in a vintage Scorsese movie.

She definitely needs to be careful with choosing her future projects, she needs to work with younger directors, possibly females, people that are willing to value her with movies incentered on her character, also I think she should do indie movies with A24 or Neon (or similar), these are the companies that have served the best quality in the last years.

3 hours ago, Eric Quinn said:

You mean someone makes a joke you dont like and you get upset but no one else does...

Thats more what happens  

Edited by Torontofan

If you want to see a dark & gritty R-rated take on a Batman villain starring an Oscar caliber actor with a female co-hander who frequently threatens to steal the whole project, you might as well just stay home and wait for Penguin episode 3 on Sunday night

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow. I watched the movie in a packed theater of fans at a special event, but it felt like I was in a completely empty room. There was no reaction from start to finish. Total silence.

A courtroom drama without any suspense, a character study without any depth.

Joaquin is great again, but this is Gaga's worst performance. Really disappointed.

• Like 3

you all in general overrated gaga acting career. After the success of a star is born hollywood wasn't at her feet. Getting a part on a Scott movie in 2024 and then Todd Philips is not this big thing.

She didn't even get a small role in these Anderson orgies with award nominated cool actors of the moment. After the a star is born nomination the internet and her fans build too much hype about her carerr as actress for no reason. Not because she is not talented or don't deserve to try to build a career but she has to build this career...the tarantino, the scorsese, the thomas anderson, the inarritu, the luhrmann, the eastowood etc... didn't come and the only thing she was casted again years after is again a musical where they needed a popstar more than an actress. 

Her next step? as i said yesterday she should just do something doesn't have any kinda of anticipation or pressure around it, exactly to "ruin" all this kind of pointless narrative her fans first build around her, like she has to take an oscar nomination for everything she does etc....

Edited by vale9001

43 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

you all in general overrated gaga acting career. After the success of a star is born hollywood wasn't at her feet. Getting a part on a Scott movie in 2024 and then Todd Philips is not this big thing.

She didn't even get a small role in these Anderson orgies with award nominated cool actors of the moment. After the a star is born nomination the internet and her fans build too much hype about her carerr as actress for no reason. Not because she is not talented or don't deserve to try to build a career but she has to build this career...the tarantino, the scorsese, the thomas anderson, the inarritu, the luhrmann, the eastowood etc... didn't come and the only thing she was casted again years after is again a musical where they needed a popstar more than an actress. 

Her next step? as i said yesterday she should just do something doesn't have any kinda of anticipation or pressure around it, exactly to "ruin" all this kind of pointless narrative her fans first build around her, like she has to take an oscar nomination for everything she does etc....

Gurl, ain't you tired to repeat always this same dull post as if it wasn't already enough on ATRL.. Gosh.

The narrative around her has been given by the industry and critics, the fans didn't nominate her at the Oscars or the BAFTA, or giving her a NYFCC best actress award.

Ridley Scott is a legendary director, no A list refuses to work with him if they have the chance, the movies post HOG are a further proof, see also Paul Mescal fresh of an Oscar nomination worked with him, Gaga being casted as lead in a movie of him was a big deal for being her second movie and getting awards recognition for it.

Last but not least, you keep mentioning other directors, but it's not only about the director name, it's pointless working with a great director in a movie that doesn't suit you, they also need to have the right project at the right timing, so far Gaga accepted roles that were a good fit for her, JFAD ending up a trainwreck has nothing to do with the fact that it was an interesting role and project on the paper, the director not being able to execute this movie properly it's out of her control and you always know that once the movie is done.

• Like 1

Rotten Tomatoes Update

All Critics Score: 58%

Fresh: 35    Rotten:25

Verified Audience Score: 58.5%

Liked:75     Not Liked:53

All Audience Score: 56.2%

Liked:376    Not Liked:293

By my count, this is the worst RT Verified Audience Score start for a CBM ever since RT Verified score was introduced after the whole Captain Marvel fiasco. Madame Web started with 69% but then quickly dropped to mid-50% so we will see how Joker goes from here. I'm really interested in the Cinemascore for Joker now.

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Definitely curious to see how Mr. Sabrina Carpenter does as the clown prince whenever he pops up in the Reevesverse… will be the first time Batman and Joker will share whole scenes together since 2008 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goldbricker said:

By my count, this is the worst RT Verified Audience Score start for a CBM ever since RT Verified score was introduced after the whole Captain Marvel fiasco. Madame Web started with 69% but then quickly dropped to mid-50% so we will see how Joker goes from here. I'm really interested in the Cinemascore for Joker now.

Morbius also started at rotten.

What a nice companion huh

25 minutes ago, Goldbricker said:

Rotten Tomatoes Update

All Critics Score: 58%

Fresh: 35    Rotten:25

Verified Audience Score: 58.5%

Liked:75     Not Liked:53

All Audience Score: 56.2%

Liked:376    Not Liked:293

Definitely in B-/C+ territory now

6 hours ago, Eric Quinn said:

Moderation

Reminder that Flopped/La Binoche is a troll who does nothing but start fights against stans of certain actresses, singers, and franchises. It's pretty impressive they've been on the forum for this long, but next time? Just report their posts. After all, trolls aren't allowed here. Or better yet, @ me. Thank youuuuuu

Posting a great Lady Gaga performance and saying, she's too talented for this movie to derail her career equals trolling/hating on Lady Gaga? WTF. 

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Definitely curious to see how Mr. Sabrina Carpenter does as the clown prince whenever he pops up in the Reevesverse… will be the first time Batman and Joker will share whole scenes together since 2008 

Speaking of him, you know who would make a great Harley Quinn to his Joker...