JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

9 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Incorrect. Saoirse got an Actress nomination at Globes and SAG is becoming meaningless. You obviously want it to fail and paint it as an underperformed which is patently false since it’s already had a better Christmas Day than expected and should have good WOM

Boxoffice and awards are two different things. The film is performing as expected at the box office. The tracking had it doing 25 million for 5 day and it does exactly what he's doing. However even a blind person can see that is underperforming when it comes to toward season so far. Hell they're even articles already about how is not performing well despite a great cast and great reviews. Just Google it. 

Edited by Curtis1986

1 minute ago, Curtis1986 said:

Boxoffice and awards are two different things. The film is performing as expected at the box office. The tracking had it doing 25 million for 5 day and it does exactly what he's doing. However even a blind person can see that is underperforming when it comes to toward season so far. Hell they're even articles already about how is not performing well despite a great cast and great reviews. Just Google it

You didn't even address that you falsely claimed it was shut out at the GG.

2 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Boxoffice and awards are two different things. The film is performing as expected at the box office. The tracking had it doing 25 million for 5 day and it does exactly what he's doing. However even a blind person can see that is underperforming when it comes to toward season so far. Hell they're even articles already about how is not performing well despite a great cast and great reviews. Just Google it

You’re trying it

8 minutes ago, jedijake said:

That would be a very small weekend number if true. I think they have their numbers mixed up.

I agree, feels like he is leaving a day out.

It's at almost 260 as of Christmas Day. If Jat's number for Thur is solid it will be just below 290 entering the weekend.

if Thur is 30 then the weekend should be at worst 80 and could be closer to 90, so that gets you to 370-380.

Jumanji dropping that much today wouldn't be surprising given the insane Eve and Christmas it's had. Would have been a truly stunning weekend if it increased again today.

Frozen 2 also seems to be following its predecessor with a smaller Christmas bump followed by a larger Boxing Day bump. 

46 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I did not and thank you for telling me!

No problem! I’m not 100% sure if it’ll work as I haven tried it yet. I was buying tickets from the box office today and the employee told me AMC implemented the change within the last month. 

It would def make life that much easier when getting seats! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Laurence said:

tenor.gif

you know, I must be confusing it with something else. I was sure that some people were saying Tom holland / Will Smith movie will make like 300M. But I just read through the movie's thread and nothing positive in there.

By the way: Congrats on becoming a mod, eric.

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

The film grossed an estimated $16.8M internationally for the day. International total stands at $257.9M, global total stands at $516.8M.

What do you guys think about the outcome of the DOM vs. OS battle? Could be quite close. DOM might have the edge in my opinion.