JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

57 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yeah there are several 5 day projections that showcase Deadline as having NO idea what they are doing.... 24m for Little Women with a 7m OD?? NOT lol.

Still not sure if that number is accurate seeing as it appears to be collapsing at night showings. Either way, Walter Mitty only made $25,000,000 from an $8,000,000 opening day in less theaters. There is nothing absurd about their projections. You appear to be really passionate about Little Women, but you might want to wait. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Little Women was almost unwatchable. One of the worst movies of the year. Thank god the Golden Globes shut it out of the drama category, phew! Everything they nominated in both of the major categories was at least pretty good if not great, so that was nice to see. I’m rooting hard against Little Women, it was almost as bad as Lady Bird.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

at 7PM SW9 is 13.5% ahead of Monday final at MTC1 and just under 10% ahead at MTC2. Evening shows are super strong. Let us hope it increases from early estimates.

SW9 D6 END

MTC1 D6 END - overall 5631 shows 431233/1076002 5832436.02  (+16.2% compared to Monday)
MTC2 D6 END - overall 4988 shows 386745/785682 3891692.00  (+13.1% compared to Monday)

Generally MTC1 should be closer and so I am hoping for 15% increase from monday. Around 33.8m wednesday.

F2 is up 10% just at MTC1 and Jumanji almost up 80% !!!! I dont have any comparison for LW but if its OD is 7m MTC1 has  under indexed big time. It finished at 88970/164703 941561.11  at MTC1. Normally 5x that would be the good estimate.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Little Women was almost unwatchable. One of the worst movies of the year. Thank god the Golden Globes shut it out of the drama category, phew! Everything they nominated in both of the major categories was at least pretty good if not great, so that was nice to see. I’m rooting hard against Little Women, it was almost as bad as Lady Bird.

Agree it's pretty mediocre, just like Lady Bird. Not unwatchable but meh. It has similar themes to Portrait of a Lady on Fire which is leaps and bounds superior on every level. 

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Agree it's pretty mediocre, just like Lady Bird. Not unwatchable but meh. It has similar themes to Portrait of a Lady on Fire which is leaps and bounds superior on every level. 

I thought it was good but definitely see why it's getting ignored this award season.

• Knock It Off 1

5 hours ago, a2k said:

That is a bonkers projections. Would make 300 feasible. I think the Thu-Sun is being over-estimated by 5-10m

Also since @JediJat has given the number at 11.75-12, best not to get carried away by Deadline's 5-day.

In 2013 Hobbit did 9.3 (christmas day)and  29 (fss) if Jumanji had 12.2m on christmas day and it will have same multi as hobbit it will earn 38 mln. 

Frozen had 6.3 m and 28.5m ffs, with this multi Jumanji would have 55m ffs.

In 2013 Frozen and Hobbit earn more on 26th December than on 25th. So 116.5+12.2+13+40 will give 182m, needs 43m ffs(or better thu) to surpass 185. Is this really crazy prediction? 

6 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Uncut Gems has a lousy RT score by audiences, legs may not be good after this weekend 

5 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

UNCUT GEMS (2019)C+

Isn’t that better than Wolf of Wall Street?

A December release with a similar reaction from audiences. 

(I wonder if some people just said oh let’s do the Adam Sandler film and then they get a dark drama lol)

• Like 1