Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

1 hour ago, jatvision said:
Spoiler

rude

Spoiler

not rude, its a theme that never should get used in a jokingly way in principle IMHO.

On one side (not in this case, we all know here you and Wondy) it can be the start of an avalanche, like a small stone can in earnest be the reason for one, about the reputation of someone, impacting in times of social media (eg per taken out of context) many years later.

On the other side I feel like there are certain crimes that already (or still) do not get taken seriously enough, or not getting spoken about out of traditional reasons, even not seen as a crime based on tradition of the family or culture, or for bias reasons, for reasons of being afraid to loose power/control ofer others...., and/or jokes get used to start to diminish the crime too often also.

Jokes also are often the first step of racism,.... See how the Nazi’s then worked here, see history in other cases too

For me those crimes are eg all related about doing bad things to children (a much beloved theme to lie about eg political opponents, but also minorities, see jews and gay), all themes/situations/... around rape, and kidnapping eg see female or children or... for forced marriage, slavery (all genders), and so on, and murder. 

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

Spoiler

At face value this episode proves Wanda is 100% in control but looking deeper with the scene with Vision and Agnes I still think Agnes has a much larger role than just controlled neighbour.

SWORD guys being antagonists isn't a surprise but I hope Hayward doesn't go full moustache twirling villain. 

Love the Maximoff kids not sure what to make of Pietro. Vision even dead is still trying to save lives.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Awesome. Still got a lot of reveals to come, I don’t think you need to fear much about generic.

By the way, did you see this part of ep 6:

Spoiler

The tattoo on Pietro's arm? "MoM"...multiverse of madness?

• Like 1

Not as good as episode 5. But better than 1-4.

Spoiler

Hayward was clearly experimenting on Vision for weapons as I thought last week. 

Pietro is really suspicious with how much he seems to know. And Wanda still doesn't know how she created Westview so seems to me like there is something more at play there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jatvision said:

First down episode but sets few things and many questions down the way.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I’m not sure so much as they’re villains but more of mildly antagonistic. It just seems like they were using Vision’s body for weapons.

Also, I truly don’t think there is an Avengers. Not only does this take a few weeks after Endgame, but most of the leadership is either deceased or retired, and their members are off doing other things, with a small few in government and the ending of the film made it ambiguous if there even was going to be a group again. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that there’s no Avengers film (so far) in Phase 4 to suggest the theory that the group disbanded.

• Like 4

Last episode was really great. I was emotional, thrilled, shocked - it was very cinematic.

This episode (including episode 4) were good but god some of the SWORD dialogue is terribly written. Like really cringe and unrealistic, especially this episode. I wish we got less of them because I don't find any of them but Monica compelling (and I love Jimmy & Darcy in the movies!)

We need less Sword and just more of the Westview characters. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jatvision said:
  Hide contents

Darcy going inside Hex is probably lazy writing "she got to know evil SWORD plans, but is now in HEX so Monica and Woo don't know it. "

Spoiler

But she sent Woo an email about it. So they probably will find out when they meet the mysterious engineer. 

Spoiler

After rewatching some scenes, I'm convinced that "Pietro" is the "big bad" here. SWORD guy is clearly a secondary villain.

First of all his justification for looking different is that Wanda didn't want to be "reminded", but in that case why does Vision look the same?

And he just knows way too much. When he asked Wanda how she did all this, it felt like some kind of test trying to see how much Wanda remembers about Westview's creation.

Plus, he deflects pretty smoothly when she tries to test him about his memories, also I don't think the real Pietro would be nearly as accepting of Wanda's actions here as this "Pietro". 

And of course he showed up at a very convenient time to prevent Vision from getting too close to the truth, and since then he is causing chaos to keep everyone distracted and to keep Vision from being able to question Wanda further. It all fits. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Menor said:

I thought this week was about as good as last week scene to scene, lots of nice unsettling moments and good tonal balance, but it lacked that perfect ending of last week's. I felt like the cut to credits was too abrupt.

A slower fade to black would have worked better maybe?

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

A slower fade to black would have worked better maybe?

Not in that sense, more like maybe 

Spoiler

Wanda confronting Vision about why he tried to leave. Just something that sets the stakes for the next episode, or raises more questions, or ratchets up the tension. All that happened really was the Hex growing bigger and engulfing people, and the engulfing part we have already seen happen to others.