Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

15 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Do you think Air force funded Captain Marvel? 

There were too many ads that time. They even flew by the premiere. 

It's a pretty well known fact that the movie has had heavy ties with the Air Force and needed script approval from them so that they could use Air Force equipment. And it's pretty clear in the movie itself.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It is pretty funny that this was announced just a day after DaCosta criticised Disney.

Also it's really weird that she hasn't tweeted anything about this news considering she is very active on social media. 

Something fishy 😅

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 12:08 AM, filmlover said:

Good sign for Candyman being a winner.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:25 AM, TMP said:

Huge step up from Boden/Fleck, everything those guys touch feels like a TV movie lol (or after-school special in the case of Half Nelson)

I was campaigning for Boden/Fleck removal since seeing the movie and got lots of :winomg: and sulky Will Smith emoji reactions so I felt super vindicated that Papa Feige agreed few months ago when the change in directors was announced. And who knows, maybe I am Papa Feige? :sparta:

I was also stanning for Candyman so double vindication. So much win in one movie news. :bravo:

I do not think its about looking like TV or whatever else some here seem to not like about part 1, I think that has more to do with it very heavily based all on it happening in the ‘90, some scenes with her as an adult even in the ‘80. CA1 too had a lot of details not looking like an actual action movie, and that was too with a big based on history in a very rough way reason. As Vers on the Kree home planet it has a complete other feeling as Carol on earth....

As part II will be probably far more in the now or at other planets I am guessing the feel will be again very much another one. Story and so on trumps to me some of the things others see seemingly as more important, I only hope there is a continuation of her as a person and still also growth, I hate it if they change too much without a reasonable given reason, like if a character behaves like a bad imposter aka a new character.

Not a lot of work to check on about to get a feel for the new director, but that was so with other directors working for Feige too the case, I’ll wait and let me surprise myself.

Certain people will hate her, Brie, the movie.... for their bias and worse anyway, and search for the slightest possible reason to blow it up to unreasonable heights anyway, curious to see how bad it will go (went?) this time.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 3:29 AM, andersonhoran said:

Now she's only missing the Grammy and Tony for the EGOT :shades:

What is her involvement? She seems not to be listed for it at IMDb or I missed it?

Not meaning her being the GF of the director if I did not mix up names again, I mean the official part

Edited by terrestrial

7 hours ago, terrestrial said:

What is her involvement? She seems not to be listed for it at IMDb or I missed it?

Not meaning her being the GF of the director if I did not mix up names again, I mean the official part

One of 4 producers according to GoldDerby. 

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/brie-larson-emmy-the-messy-truth-creative-arts-awards/

She won Best Original Interactive Program for “The Messy Truth VR Experience” along with fellow producers Van Jones, Elijah Allan-Blitz and Jana Carter.