Eric Duncan

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m just saying 2022 already has 9 high profile CBMs. I feel like 10+ could be overkill.

I am not saying fatigue or everyone of them will flop but there’s just a lot in 2022, and I think they’re be some eating into each other especially the ones close to each other like Shazam 2 and Spider Verse 2 literally being a week apart.

To be honest I had forgotten how many other CBMs there were scheduled for 2022. But like I said in the main post, I very much doubt they’ll pursue that in the first place.   

• Like 1

I really respect Feige, that despite CM making over 1.1B, he went "we can do better" after B&F script and life-less direction got under fire. This year has been great for female directors, just look at DGA's first director line up: Matsoukas, Diop, Har'el. Also Sciamma and Scafaria broke out. 

I wonder if Mando breakout Deborah Chow may be slated to direct this for her Obi Wan show got delayed. She proved more than adept at handling action (as well as character). 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Plus if Doom is indeed going to be the Thanos of next few phases, isn't he an Earthling who uses cosmic eneregy or something so action would take place in space too? F4 do a lot of space adventures too no? means space heroes like CM, GOTG, other are needed in space. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Aside from SpiderVerse, which one is the other one

DC Super Pets. Unlike TTG it’ll be CGI and from WAG, so the budget and promotion work will likely be more expensive 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

50 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Plus if Doom is indeed going to be the Thanos of next few phases, isn't he an Earthling who uses cosmic eneregy or something so action would take place in space too? F4 do a lot of space adventures too no? means space heroes like CM, GOTG, other are needed in space. 

I think Doom is more magic melded with technology and when the cosmic intersects with Earth he takes the opportunity to try and grab some of that to.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Oh wow so connection with Doc Strange universe as well. Thanks! :)

Doom story is very tragic. All 3 movies did injustice to the character. 

He is a very interesting character. 

Magic, technology and madness. 

5 minutes ago, nghtvsn said:

For the Dr Doom's we have seen he never seems to be that powerful to me. 

Because they are hack. 

Doom is insanely powerful. 

But, he is more of intellectual villian. 

His mother was killed by Mephisto. 

He hated Reed Richards from beginning. He consider him as his competition. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Would have if not for suicide squad reboot.

SS2 is already filming and it'd probably be done and dusted with post production within a year which would give James Gunn's plenty of time to start on Guardians 3 in 2021.