grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2019 | The forums can eat shit

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

I watched bot Ford v Ferrari and Endgame.

I know I'm supposed to lie to myself and say the car movie was better because it was oscar bait even though I laughed, cheered and nearly cried at Endgame.

But fuck that elitist bullshit. 

ENDGAME WAS BETTER.

Huh? Who are you arguing with? Endgame made way more money, placed higher on this list, and even has a better RT score, yet somehow you seem to think that by preferring Endgame you are somehow going against the flow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Tower said:

Huh? Who are you arguing with? Endgame made way more money, placed higher on this list, and even has a better RT score, yet somehow you seem to think that by preferring Endgame you are somehow going against the flow.

There are several comments in the thread scoffing at the idea of Endgame ranking high.

So I responded to that sentiment. 

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There are several comments in the thread scoffing at the idea of Endgame ranking high.

So I responded to that sentiment. 

Every film has some people who don't like it including the number 1 film this year, that's just how people are like, but I don't know where the comparison Ford V Ferrari came from. I liked Endgame, but nowhere near number 4 for the year or as high as FVF, but that's just a personal opinion rather than part of some tribal thing you have imagined.

15 minutes ago, Tower said:

Every film has some people who don't like it including the number 1 film this year, that's just how people are like, but I don't know where the comparison Ford V Ferrari came from. I liked Endgame, but nowhere near number 4 for the year or as high as FVF, but that's just a personal opinion rather than part of some tribal thing you have imagined.

Okay so people aren't condescending when it comes to superhero movies ranking high on these "best of" list?

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Okay so people aren't condescending when it comes to superhero movies ranking high on these "best of" list?

Does people not liking a film and saying so count as condescending? Because from what I have seen it's no different than what is directed at 1917, Knives Out, Etc.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Little Women is a snooze fest.

Have you seen any of the other versions?  If so, did you like any?

I've seen about half a dozen as well as reading the novel several times as a kid so have no pressing urge to see another (especially one that tries to make me like Amy).

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Have you seen any of the other versions?  If so, did you like any?

I've seen about half a dozen as well as reading the novel several times as a kid so have no pressing urge to see another (especially one that tries to make me like Amy).

As someone who has never seen any previous adaptations or read the novel, I thought Amy was the goddamn worst so nothing to worry about there.

The movie is still super overrated though. Gerwig wasn’t snubbed~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched both Ad Astra and Endgame.

I know I'm supposed to lie to myself and say the cape man movie was better because it was disney even though I laughed, cheered and nearly cried at Ad Astra.

But fuck that mainstream bullshit. 

AD ASTRA WAS BETTER.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I watched both Ad Astra and Endgame.

I know I'm supposed to lie to myself and say the cape man movie was better because it was disney even though I laughed, cheered and nearly cried at Ad Astra.

But fuck that mainstream bullshit. 

AD ASTRA WAS BETTER.

But...so was Ad Astra*!

* not really since they inherited it as part of the sale but still.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1