Eric S'ennui

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

I'm in the minority here. Didn't like this episode found it meh tbh.

Pros;

- visuals and music were great.

- something finally significant finally happens to kickstart phase four

- finally not all theories or easter eggs were red herrings or misdirects.

The rest well,

- the multiverse is set up by a character making a stupid decision. infinity war rings a bell anybody.

- loki really dropped out of character at the end there. Universe is at stake and a decision  has to be made he just puts his guard down so easily 🤦🏿‍♂️which leads to the stupid decision.

-slvie loki stuff gets worse for me.

- the man behind the curtain hmmm .though am pumped about the reveal,like him but wasn't fully  sold on him but there other variants let's see.

- exposition was heavy at certain points.

Overall episode started well then slowed down abit in the middle then the end brings it down.

Loki hasn't been at his best since episode 4 ,he's jumped out of character and the short period just can't justify the changes and decisions he makes.

And what the hell happened to his self replicating powers that would have really come in handy for this episode and most of the show.

The show started pretty well but the back half has really felt sort of rushed just to set up doctor strange 2.

Though this finale ain't as bad as WV and TFWS which were pain inducing , it still hasn't quite achieved the proper landing and is just a set up episode.

This episode . 6/10

Overall show 7/10 show was fun and still looking forward to season 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamiem said:
  Reveal hidden contents

IDK he felt out of place to me. The whole plot doesn't have weight for me.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IDK he felt out of place to me. The whole plot doesn't have weight for me.

You’re gonna **hate** Phase 4 then if you think that 😂😂😂😂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cap said:

You’re gonna **hate** Phase 4 then if you think that 😂😂😂😂

Yeah things aren't going well. I need some other pov or just make peace with everything new thrown at me, irrespective of Infinity Saga.

Or

Just contend myself with Infinity Saga.

Will try first.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah things aren't going well. I need some other pov or just make peace with Infinity Saga.

Will try first.

It’s gonna be more of this going forward. I mean. That finale set things up for 10 years. 

• Like 4

Anyway, mostly unsatisfied by the time resolution here. Provisional 1/10 unless some future property can salvage it.  

Even if that does happen, didn’t really stick the landing imo, will probably go middle of the pack MCU.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:
  Hide contents

Is Lady Thor possibly result of this?

Spoiler

Almost certainly it’s just main timeline Jane Foster, not a variant.

WhatIf, NWH, DS2, Quantumania seem like the upcoming projects that will be connected to this.

5 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

What if Gorr is killing different timeline gods?

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

This show was enjoyable for the most part, but the last thing I want is for the final episode of any show to be 30-minutes of exposition and set-up for future stuff. 

It’s not the final episode though..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

“Nothing important to the wider MCU will happen on D+ shows” 

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

I’m sure whatever movie Kang shows up in will reintroduce him for viewers without a Disney plus subscription.👀

• Like 2

What an episode!

What a series!

Best Disney+ series so far and it'll be very hard to beat, I just saw it and I'm shocked, it was intense all the way!

It's gonna have more influence on the MCU than the movie ever had, the beginning of something glorious.

• Like 2

I've really, really loved this show, it may literally be close to my favorite mcu property ever? Which is particularly funny when only a few months ago i felt i was mostly over marvel and indifferent towards Loki as a character. Something in this show just awakened 2012!sleeper agent in me lol. I only have some minor gripes, for example as a nonbinary person really not a fan of portraying canonically genderfluid character as seemingly only presenting and identifying as male in every variation to the point he's surprised that a "female version" of him exists at all and then also immediately falls in love with her... like what do the writers think having fluid gender/sex means, how is it that decades old comics are more conservative than a show in 2021? Holding my judgment though because i don't think they've really explained their views yet and who knows what could happen in s2. Natalie Holt is an unsung hero, marvel soundtracks are usually so meh and now i've thought every week "wow this music is so good"

Spoiler

Jonathan Majors absolutely crushed it. Watching Kang i felt like he was simultaneously completely insane but also in some way maybe the sanest character ever? I'm assuming the other Kang will be the big bad of phase 4 and he'll probably be more cold and menacing. And then Ant-man 3 might have another Kang, possibly more comedic one? It would be funny if there will be a bunch of Kang variants with different personalities, Majors will really get to flex his acting muscles lol

It's also so funny how people thought there wouldn't be big plot stuff in Disney+ shows and now this is literally the biggest change to status quo ever and it didn't even come from Wandavision unlike many people thought but just Loki(s) fucking shit up. Which is actually fitting for the ultimate trickster, and he's the one who introduced us to Thanos too after all

• Like 4