Eric Prime

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

My gut tells me this will have Dune reception.

It doesn't get much better than that.

I have enjoyed all of Reeves output, in fact next to Villeneuve he might be one of my favorite blockbuster directors working today.

Looking forward to Batman...

47 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I have enjoyed all of Reeves output, in fact next to Villeneuve he might be one of my favorite blockbuster directors working today.

nah man. reeves is no villeneuve. He's a great entertainer though.

villeneuve is the best director since sir alfred hitchcock. he's a cut above nolan even. nolan's given generally good but mixed films recently - TDKR, interstellar and tenet.

i rated dune a 10/10. visuals were top notch. he's simply amazing.

villeneuve is the best director alive on the planet by FAR. His last four films are  a 10/10- Sicario, Arrival, Blade runner 2049, and Dune.  Prisoners is simply riveting stuff, also a 9/10 area.

all are some of the best films ever produced in their genres.

Edited by Halba
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

49 minutes ago, Coneilg93 said:

Reviews are popping up on YouTube. Be careful on spoilers. 

Which YouTube reviews. The only decent one I have seen is filmvilla. 

Edit . Silly me just checked there is a number of reviews popping up now .

Will wait for the better reviewers at 12pm ET.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

42 minutes ago, Halba said:

nah man. reeves is no villeneuve. He's a great entertainer though.

villeneuve is the best director since sir alfred hitchcock. he's a cut above nolan even. nolan's given generally good but mixed films recently - TDKR, interstellar and tenet.

i rated dune a 10/10. visuals were top notch. he's simply amazing.

villeneuve is the best director alive on the planet by FAR. His last four films are  a 10/10- Sicario, Arrival, Blade runner 2049, and Dune.  Prisoners is simply riveting stuff, also a 9/10 area.

all are some of the best films ever produced in their genres.

Denis, is that you?

• Haha 2

George M Thomas, Akron Beacon Journal (B+): The Batman could use a trim on its run time, but that doesn’t mean this particular universe isn’t worth revisiting. In fact, I’m looking forward to it.

About Dre Says (Positive): The Batman is a formidable, spectacular entry into cinema. I loved this film. It is beautiful - every shot, every frame, it's like it just jumped out of a comic book. [...] I pray that you guys gonna see this film. [Matt Reeves] is going to be one of the greats of our time.

Zo Crawford (9.5/10): I'm confident in saying this is my favourite Batman film - something about this iteration of Batman feels right for me personally. In fact, I dare to say I think it's one of the best comic book movies ever created. [...] I have a feeling this movie is going to be one of those films where kids grow up and they watch it and it makes them change their viewpoint on movies and how movies are created.

Theories by Tyrell, UK (9/10): This is the most different Batman movie we've had in a very long time, so the audience reaction I suspect is going to be quite divided - but where do I sit on it? I thought it was absolutely amazing.

Tyler Calvert (Positive): All around, The Batman is a great film in many, many aspects. I personally think it lived up to all the hype that it's been building the last couple of years.

Pete Hammond, Deadline (Positive): A detective movie for the ages [... The Batman] deserves to be placed right alongside The Dark Knight.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Elessar said:

Depends on the country. I know it had great reception in Europe, USA reception was just good though. I'm hoping for an overall reception higher than Dune domestically and matching Dune in Europe.

Edited by Menor Reborn

Also @BestPicturePlutoNash responding to your post in the tracking thread here, I actually do think it's simply audience fatigue of the character. When promotion for this movie has come up on TV I've heard "oh wow another Batman movie" and "always the same stuff." Spider-Man faced the fatigue starting with TASM and took the crossover of NWH to return to his heights.

• Like 1