Eric Burnett

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

"is not a reason to get the knives out."

Bigscreenleaks: Spend months hinting that it's the greatest movie ever.
ViewerAnon: He goes on talking about standing ovations and out of roof high scores.
They both proceed to give warnings the night before (one re-appearing after "deleting his account" of course) in case they save face.

But yeah, the fault lies only with the fans who have blindly believed in them and have made up their mind thinking that the movie is a masterpiece and will be received as such.. I mean yes, fans are dumb for trusting them literal, but they're to blame, too.

So it's not about us getting the knives out, but rather some of you defending anonymous people (who are attention whores) for every thing as if nobody could criticize them.

____

OT: I thought that Total Film was going to be one of the ones that would give it a 5 score, since they are easy with their reviews. I think they are the ones who give 5 stars to all of Nolan's movies Lol

I don't see this in the 80 range on Metacritic.

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

ViewerAnon: He goes on talking about standing ovations and out of roof high scores.
They both proceed to give warnings the night before (one re-appearing after "deleting his account" of course) in case they save face.

But yeah, the fault lies only with the fans who have blindly believed in them and have made up their mind thinking that the movie is a masterpiece and will be received as such.. I mean yes, fans are dumb for trusting them literal, but they're to blame, too.

So it's not about us getting the knives out, but rather some of you defending anonymous people (who are attention whores) for every thing as if nobody could criticize them.

____

OT: I thought that Total Film was going to be one of the ones that would give it a 5 score, since they are easy with their reviews. I think they are the ones who give 5 stars to all of Nolan's movies Lol

Even Paddington 2 doesn't have a perfect score and it's the greatest film ever made.

14 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

____

Bro all your posts are just constantly regurgitating the same points, at least find a new angle lol it’s just gettin annoying now

• Like 1

Just now, Lighthouse said:

____

Yeah i disagreed, it's people fault if they think a great reception would be +90 on metacritic and 98% on RT 

Insiders indeed hyped this one a lot for months and i do think this is a problematic culture, but what we can take of their claims if it's true is that the movie will be received close to the best SH movies, which honestly would be 77-82 on metacritic and 85-90% on RT with a high average for the genre (7.7-8.0), doable numbers tbh.

Some people are expecting reviews that is nearly impossible to get, and it's hard to blame only insiders for spends months hyping it when they only said it's shaping up to be one of the best SH movies, a genre not used to this type of exceptional reviews.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Just read this review and he doesn’t give 4/4 to a lot of movies.

I’m expecting rave reviews now. This review makes the film sound fantastic and unique.

He gave Matrix Ressurections a 3.5/5 and NWH a 3/4, opinions and all but i dunno about him

Edited by BruiseCruise

Just now, Maggie said:

Reviews on letterboxd are very good. Why are people doubting this will get the same from critics?

It's social media, some fans are expecting reviews to be at Citizen Kane level or something, so a lot of insiders etc are asking people to not attack critics that didn't like it since yesterday.

It's a ridiculous situation, and i fear similar posts will appear here on box office threads if this opens with ""only"" 130M, since many people spend the last few months treating this like a mini NWH.

• Like 1