Eric is Quiet

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, Knights of Ren said:

I enjoyed it.  It felt like everything was leading up to it, I don’t understand the complaint about it feeling added on or apart of another movie. 

Spoiler

it would be weird if it ended with riddler being captured and then credits roll in

i liked the fact that batman didn't won or lose

41 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:
  Hide contents

HOT TAKE

batmobile introduction > tobey and andrew appearence

I kinda see your point. The Tobey and Andrew scene itself was actually very uninspired, just ripping some portals open unceremoniously. I was worried when they were first introduced since I didn't enjoy the first half of NWH very much, but thankfully they had some great character work in the second half. Still, nothing was actually special about their introduction scene from a visual or creative standpoint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I kinda see your point. The Tobey and Andrew scene itself was actually very uninspired, just ripping some portals open unceremoniously. I was worried when they were first introduced since I didn't enjoy the first half of NWH very much, but thankfully they had some great character work in the second half. Still, nothing was actually special about their introduction scene from a visual or creative standpoint.

even without counting the execution, the technical aspect is so much better.

the sound design was impressive in the cinema.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Good first hour but everything after that was bit of a letdown. Feel like Nolan movies have kind of perfected the formula, wish this was more dramatic and had memorable dialogues like those. I did like the look of this and the score elevates the movie.

Agreed. nolan movies were still a cut above, all 3 of them in my opinion. However the mood, the score and the acting of Pat were solid. its a solid B+ type of movie.

Edited by Halba

On 3/7/2022 at 3:00 PM, Porthos said:

You want WB to rush a script and shooting time and production time so it's out in

*double checks calendar*

20 months from now?

Yeaaaaaah, I don't think you really want that. ;)

(not that I would have any experience with rushed scripts to meet an arbitrary Xmas deadline.  oh no.  not at all)

probably 2026 for the batman 2.

16 minutes ago, Halba said:

Agreed. nolan movies were still a cut above, all 3 of them in my opinion. However the mood, the score and the acting of Pat were solid. its a solid B+ type of movie.

The Batman > The Dark Knight > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman Returns > Batman 

They finally gave us a Batman ripped straight from the comics! That opening intro scene alone is the best Batman of all time when it comes to live action. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, El Gato said:

The Batman > The Dark Knight > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman Returns > Batman 

They finally gave us a Batman ripped straight from the comics! That opening intro scene alone is the best Batman of all time when it comes to live action. 

Shinny new toy syndrome

• Like 2