Impact

Scenes people clapped at

Hi, this is my first post on these forums. I've been a lurker for years, since at least 2004(at the older version of the forums, of course). The amazing run of JW is what finally made me register.

The biggest, most sustained applause I've ever heard at the theater was Superman II on opening night in June of '81(yes, I'm old!). From the moment Superman returns from the Fortress to challenge Zod("General, would you care to step outside?") until he finishes the three Kryptonian villains in his molecule chamber, the audience for that film was absolutely nuts. Then it started all over again when Supes went back to the diner to teach Rocky a lesson(as soon as you saw the shot of Rocky sitting at the counter eating, the audience went nuts, and stayed that way right up until the final shot of Superman flying over the earth). And then they went bonkers again when the first credit popped up with "Coming Soon! Superman III). If we only knew what that meant...

I've been to a lot of memorable cinema screenings, but that one stands out. I saw SII five more times that summer, and the reaction was more or less the same every time. Good times!

• Like 5

At the end of "Let It Go" in Frozen, especially sing-along showings.

Every time Neville appeared on screen in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  I felt bad for people who hadn't read the book and had no idea why all of us were clapping and cheering. XD

Karate Kid (with Jaden Smith)- at the end when he kicked the shit outta that bully's face in the competition

Catching Fire- when Katniss shot the arrow at the forcefield

Deadpool- like 40% of the movie people clapped at the jokes :rolleyes:

Age of Ultron- at the end of the movie when Cap said "Avengers, A--"

Mockingjay Part 2- when katniss got shot :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well, Germans usually do not clap.

I experienced it four times, if I remember correctly:

1. Titanic - when the wreckage turns into the Titanic of 1912 for the first time.

2. RotK - Legolas stunt and at the end during the credits (midnight premiere crowd).

3. Gravity - after the fall when the rescue module opens the parachute.

4. Smaug's revelation in DoS (was an midnight premiere crowd, though).

3 hours ago, cookie said:

Circle shot and the "Puny god" scene in Avengers

When the Millenium Falcon, Han Solo, Chewie, Leia, C3PO, R2D2 and Admiral Ackbar all first appeared in TFA (Luke didn't get any for some reason)

Probably because they were expecting more from TFA and were disheartened with the ending.