a2k

Numbers Thread | Dispatches from the post apocalypse

https://deadline.com/2020/04/trolls-world-tour-coronavirus-box-office-vod-easter-weekend-1202907646/

Drive-ins continued to hang on stateside as we weathered our fourth weekend of a coast-to-coast — let’s be honest, global — theatrical shutdown.

About 25 drive-ins booked DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls World Tourand among the grosses we could get our hands on (as Universal isn’t reporting numbers), the weekend looked to be north of $60K led by such drive-ins as the Sacramento 6 ($13,4K), the Glendale 9 in Arizona ($12K), the Mission Tiki in Montclair, CA ($5,700), the Galaxy in Ennis, TX ($2,600), the Auto in Greenwood, SC ($2,500), the Tascosa in Amarillo, TX, the Ocala in Florida ($2,300), and the Lake Worth, also in Sunshine State, ($2k) being among some of the notables.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eric Atreides said:

https://deadline.com/2020/04/trolls-world-tour-coronavirus-box-office-vod-easter-weekend-1202907646/

About 25 drive-ins booked DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls World Tourand among the grosses we could get our hands on (as Universal isn’t reporting numbers), the weekend looked to be north of $60K led by such drive-ins as the Sacramento 6 ($13,4K), the Glendale 9 in Arizona ($12K), the Mission Tiki in Montclair, CA ($5,700), the Galaxy in Ennis, TX ($2,600), the Auto in Greenwood, SC ($2,500), the Tascosa in Amarillo, TX, the Ocala in Florida ($2,300), and the Lake Worth, also in Sunshine State, ($2k) being among some of the notables.

Sacramento leading the nation!!!! :ohmygod:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

I wonder how many drive-ins are currently open. Some may not have started their season, and others might just not be opening due to covid. 

There was talk about opening our drive-in early this year, and like all the locals on Facebook lost their mind. They were so concerned about what happens when you have to go to the bathroom. I just wanted to post: don’t go to the bathroom. It’s four hours of movies. You don’t need to get out of your car! Let them open! 

12 hours ago, Cap said:

There was talk about opening our drive-in early this year, and like all the locals on Facebook lost their mind. They were so concerned about what happens when you have to go to the bathroom. I just wanted to post: don’t go to the bathroom. It’s four hours of movies. You don’t need to get out of your car! Let them open! 

Our local drive-in is year round.  Right now they've closed concessions and are limiting restrooms to one per person at a time (unless taking a child with them). I figure they're getting enough gate revenue to offset the loss of concessions.  Also are mandating that cars be 10 feet apart as well.

Interestingly enough, a lot of the West Wind locations are closed with only two open (Sacto and Glendale AZ).  Not sure if it's battles with local governments or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

We wouldn’t want the cars to get COVID, that would really fuck things up.

No. Don’t tell me the Cars have got it. That’s not what I needed. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lilmac said:

83 million Americans live in states where movie theaters could theoretically reopen (likely with reduced seating). Could this mark a partial return of the US boxoffice?

No because theaters are staying closed due to lack of product. AMC has already said they aren't opening until they have new movies to show (and the next release is...Tenet on July 17). 

No because theaters are staying closed due to lack of product. AMC has already said they aren't opening until they have new movies to show (and the next release is...Tenet on July 17). 

Good point but that would apply to the big chains. We have individual theaters who are playing movies like Back to the Future.

I’m certain we will see a number of smaller theaters reopen sooner than later. There are varying degrees of self-quarantining depending on where you are in the country. There’s a push I feel, in many parts, to get back to normal while taking precautions. I say this without passing any judgment. You are right, the major chains due to the lack of a major product will stay shuttered but by the end of May I predict we’ll see a number of smaller theaters operating. It might be only classics they’re playing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Not quite...on HSX, they still have all these movies as planned releases between now and then (now, of course, most won't be, and HSX might not be updating quickly, but here they are)...lots of limiteds, but a few not limiteds still holding spots, too...

The High Note    CVERS    May 08, 2020   
How to Build A Girl    HTBAG    May 08, 2020    
Military Wives    MILTW    May 22, 2020  
La Belle Epoque    LBEPQ    May 22, 2020    
The Trip to Greece    TRIP4    May 22, 2020    
Inheritance    NHRTN    May 22, 2020    
The Green Knight    GRNKN    May 29, 2020    
Greenland    GRNLN    Jun 12, 2020    
Fatale    FATLE    Jun 19, 2020   
Babyteeth    BABTH    Jun 19, 2020   
The Truth    THTRU    Jun 26, 2020    
The Outpost    OUTPS    Jul 03, 2020   
The Forever Purge aka The Last Purge    PURG5    Jul 10, 2020   
Relic    RELC    Jul 10, 2020    

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Not quite...on HSX, they still have all these movies as planned releases between now and then (now, of course, most won't be, and HSX might not be updating quickly, but here they are)...lots of limiteds, but a few not limiteds still holding spots, too...

The High Note    CVERS    May 08, 2020   
How to Build A Girl    HTBAG    May 08, 2020    
Military Wives    MILTW    May 22, 2020  
La Belle Epoque    LBEPQ    May 22, 2020    
The Trip to Greece    TRIP4    May 22, 2020    
Inheritance    NHRTN    May 22, 2020    
The Green Knight    GRNKN    May 29, 2020    
Greenland    GRNLN    Jun 12, 2020    
Fatale    FATLE    Jun 19, 2020   
Babyteeth    BABTH    Jun 19, 2020   
The Truth    THTRU    Jun 26, 2020    
The Outpost    OUTPS    Jul 03, 2020   
The Forever Purge aka The Last Purge    PURG5    Jul 10, 2020   
Relic    RELC    Jul 10, 2020    

Yeah, all of these aren't sticking heh. Military Wives was just announced as going straight to VOD/Hulu now earlier. Waiting for Focus to inevitably announce that The High Note is going straight to VOD as well.