Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

11 hours ago, YSLDC said:

Why are Marvel fans so against this movie 

So i saw recently saw spiderverse 2 and..

Spoiler

Both have very similar overall story especially in the 2nd half (Flash might be even less confusing to general audience and basically conveys the same thing)

15 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

This might sound a bit conspiratorial, but I almost wonder if an EXCELLENT multiverse movie releasing two weeks before The Flash will hurt its critical reception. I can already picture snarky critics unfavorably comparing ATSV to The Flash in their reviews.

Who is to say critics won't compare it to Doctor Strange 2?   And in that case....   

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Who is to say critics won't compare it to Doctor Strange 2?   And in that case....   

LMAO fair point, pretty much anything wins against DS2 in that battle. I just think the insane recency of a juggernaut like ASTV will do The Flash no favors (even though I really liked, but didn't love the former on first viewing).

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

To the surprise of no one Ezra won’t be doing any press for the movie but will be at the premier for photo ops

Variety is saying the budget is 190m

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/the-flash-release-ezra-miller-premiere-secret-ending-sequel-1235632040

But but 250 million budget 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cax16 said:

To the surprise of no one Ezra won’t be doing any press for the movie but will be at the premier for photo ops

Variety is saying the budget is 190m

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/the-flash-release-ezra-miller-premiere-secret-ending-sequel-1235632040/

Wasn’t $220m the most recent number? Guess we’ll see if the trades change it closer to release. 

Still can’t book tickets unfortunately, Cineworld are the only UK chain to still not have tickets on sale, with no good reason provided. 

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wasn’t $220m the most recent number? Guess we’ll see if the trades change it closer to release. 

Still can’t book tickets unfortunately, Cineworld are the only UK chain to still not have tickets on sale, with no good reason provided. 

It’s been reported at 190 and 220 now so probably somewhere in the middle is a safe bet. There was no reason for this movie to have a budget of anything more. Black adams budget ballooned to like 270m cause of reshoots cause the movie was bad and the rock is an idiot. 

Edited by cax16
  • Haha 2

Also from the same report the script for the second movie is done with Keaton and Supergirl set to appear again, don’t think that’s happening and I can’t say I’d be too disappointed cause the guy who wrote Aquaman wrote the sequel for this and while I love Aquaman the writing isn’t very good. 

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

It’s been reported at 190 and 220 now so probably somewhere in the middle is a safe bet. There was no reason for this movie to have a budget of anything more. Black adams budget ballooned to like 270m cause of reshoots cause the movie is bad and the rock is an idiot. 

i can’t stand him either anymore and now he wants another Fast Spin off but forgetting about Hobbs and Shaw sequel which probably indicate he had beef with Statham too now 

21 minutes ago, cax16 said:

It’s been reported at 190 and 220 now so probably somewhere in the middle is a safe bet. There was no reason for this movie to have a budget of anything more. Black adams budget ballooned to like 270m cause of reshoots cause the movie was bad and the rock is an idiot. 

Trades were also reporting a 190 million-200 million budget for Black Adam back when it came out, it was only until months later it was discovered it was closer to 250 million.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, 21C said:

Trades were also reporting a 190 million-200 million budget for Black Adam back when it came out, it was only until months later it was discovered it was closer to 250 million.

Cool, so when they report this at 250m

in a few months we can have that discussion then, for now I’ll go with what’s been reported at 190-220. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

It almost feels like some of the folks here want this to fail 🙂 It did not even have a long production window. Pre Production went for years as they went through different directors. but it never came close to getting into production until this team got on board. 

Almost?🤣

41 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

It almost feels like some of the folks here want this to fail 🙂 It did not even have a long production window. Pre Production went for years as they went through different directors. but it never came close to getting into production until this team got on board. 

The post production window was fairly long, but I don’t know if that would necessarily factor into the production budget. Still, the ending was reshot a few times, so there’s that. 

47 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

It had 18 months of post.

52 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I legitimately don’t think I’ve seen so many people want to see a movie bomb this bad. Between here, r/boxoffice and Twitter you’d swear if this movie does well the sun will explode

• Like 5
  • Haha 1