Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

4 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Because critics are supposed to analyze the movie and it's story / characters, not the real person behind the character.
A critic that can't seperate the art from the artist should not review the movie at all.

I would agree, but I find if funny that fans are holding others to such high standards, when then constanly support and sing the praises of films THEY HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN if it'sin the right franchise.

4 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Can't trust a scientologist smh

THIS. L Ron Hubbard boasted about how good he was at lying to people. Expect one of his disciples to be any better?

• Like 1

While I defend critics, I also expect critics to do their job as critics. If you hate a movie, you can hate it all you want. Just review the art, not the artist.

I've read a review on RT and it literally says: "To offer the film any kind of praise is an uneasy task, because its star is one of the most controversial Hollywood figures in recent memory"

I'm not lying. It's right there on RT. 

• Like 2

Why let the narrative of best superhero movie spread if the studio knew it would get these reviews. DC really needs to get their stuff together. At best this will be the 3rd best superhero film of the year. Their marketing department needs to be dismantled. It also doesn’t help that Across The Spider Verse actually lives up to the GOAT title. 

Just now, PrinceRico said:

Why let the narrative of best superhero movie spread if the studio knew it would get these reviews. DC really needs to get their stuff together. At best this will be the 3rd best superhero film of the year. Their marketing department needs to be dismantled. It also doesn’t help that Across The Spider Verse actually lives up to the GOAT title. 

Being the 3rd best superhero films of these two months probably isn’t doing the the BO any favors (especially with alleged plot similarities to the one it’s two weeks from). I feel like this might have done better at Labor Day.  

Oh well, probably doesn’t matter much at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And you evidence for that is........

instinct. In no way am I saying $200m opening weekend lol but I think walk ups are going to exceed expects quite a bit. 

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Trying to understand,  do reviews typically hold this much weight that one can already have their mind made up of its quality before seeing it? 

Can you name any comic book films that are widely considered among the greatest of all time that are scored in the low 70s? Though who knows where it ends up score wise. Could be 60s.

Personally, every single trailer has been poor to me. The movie is flat out UGLY. I can't stand Andy as a director either. Nothing about this film has appealled to me at all.

But DC/WB marketing have been trying to create this narrative that it was about to be among the greatest of all time in the genre. The reviews aren't lining up to that narrative. 

Reviews are a tool many people use to help decide if a film is worth seeing. Hope this helps.

I'm sorry they aren't lining up to what you wanted. If they had scored in the 90s I might have considered checking it out despite my low interest, but these aren't good enough.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I would agree, but I find if funny that fans are holding others to such high standards, when then constanly support and sing the praises of films THEY HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN if it'sin the right franchise.

They are going to ignore your post because it is way too true