Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

15 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's probably not a good sign when the review blurb TV spots are including review quotes from Twitter accounts called "Flash Film News" 

I mean it's a pretty big account. And they have plenty of reputable reviews to pull from.

13 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think it's because there's simply a lot of people who want DC movies to do poorly and thus there's people who feel they need to defend the movies, I don't see the same amount of concern trolling in other threads.  I'm a big fan of the Fast franchise and over the past 20 years you'll see people who say "these movies suck" but there's not the same amount of vitriol, concern trolling or cheering against the franchise.  

I don't think that's a conspiracy theory either, just read through the thread and you can watch every step of the way the people who are gleeful at the idea that the tracking may be lower than expected or the presales are lower or when Variety says the budget is $190M and people flat out say that's false as if they have inside info, etc.   People love to bring up the whole Snyder saga,  like bro that was a decade ago.  Why are we still debating that stuff? 

Every DC thread turns into the same thing. 

There are no fanboy flame wars in the F&F threads because there isn't a competing franchise.   It's as simple as that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

There are no fanboy flame wars in the F&F threads because there isn't a competing franchise.   It's as simple as that.

Yup. This. If Need For Speed had taken off and was a series, they'd be no different.

Checking up on RT and MC...

RT 71% (Average Rating 6.5) with 111 Reviews

MC 61 with 30 Reviews

Just now, JustLurking said:

Because you're saying those 3 critics liking indy got you back on the hype train for indy, yet claim something like that hasn't happened with flash despite all 3 liking the film?

Because I have an obvious nostalgia attachment to Indiana Jones that I don’t have for The Flash? I’m going to watch The Flash at a movie theater. I won’t be traveling to an imax screening like I’m willing to to do for Indiana Jones, but it’s not like I believe that the film isn’t worth of my time.

Just noticed the RT consensus changed:

"The Flash is funny, fittingly fast-paced, and overall ranks as one of the best DC movies in recent years."

It's been trending downward today, so I'd expect some language changes closer to release.

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Because I have an obvious nostalgia attachment to Indiana Jones that I don’t have for The Flash? I’m going to watch The Flash at a movie theater. I won’t be traveling to an imax screening like I’m willing to to do for Indiana Jones, but it’s not like I believe that the film isn’t worth of my time.

So it has nothing to do with critics, you just care about one film and don't about the other. No need to make up any other reason frankly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

So it has nothing to do with critics, you just care about one film and don't about the other. No need to make up any other reason frankly.

We are on a box office focused message board that discusses the impact of RT scores and WOM to the films BO. I’m not ‘making up reasons’, what I’ve said on my original post - now deleted - is that I think it’s funny when we look at the RT scores for both films and react like one film is saved and other is doomed when everything is still very much in flux, with Indiana Jones having another three weeks until release and The Flash having one week.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

We are on a box office focused message board that discusses the impact of RT scores and WOM to the films BO. I’m not ‘making up reasons’, what I’ve said on my original post - now deleted - is that I think it’s funny when we look at the RT scores for both films and react like one film is saved and other is doomed when everything is still very much in flux, with Indiana Jones having another three weeks until release and The Flash having one week.

In fairness, The Flash's score is quite a bit higher than Indy's and as is typical it's unlikely to increase much if any (as ratings almost always fall and then level off somewhere around the 200-250 review mark). 

Anything can still happen, but I don't see a declarative reason why Indy would have an unexpected course correction at this point. 

Also, just a reminder that this is becoming more of an Indy discussion than a Flash one so it might be best to move the conversation over to that thread. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, vinny2487 said:

WB literally has two wide releases in August. Meg 2, where the original did quite well, and Blue Beetle where WB had some pass success with cbm type movies. 

Meg 2 made a lot of its gross in China though. Not only was that years ago, we're in an age in which it seems like they're rejecting Western films. Blue Beetle seems like it will be a good movie but he's an unknown and there isn't any starpower in the movie. I see that making 350 max. 

14 hours ago, vinny2487 said:

WB literally has two wide releases in August. Meg 2, where the original did quite well, and Blue Beetle where WB had some pass success with cbm type movies. 

It has also has had a history of failure wtth it's past few DC movies.not sure Blue Beetle, eveni if it is a good movie, can beat that.

And DC record for taking it's lesser known charecters and getting hit movies wit them is not good.

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

SO do I, but I try to put that aside when it comes to discussing Indy 5's box office chances.

1 hour ago, Dragoncaine said:

Just noticed the RT consensus changed:

"The Flash is funny, fittingly fast-paced, and overall ranks as one of the best DC movies in recent years."

It's been trending downward today, so I'd expect some language changes closer to release.

THere is often a big disconnect between a RT ratings and the RT  consensus blurb, to the point where it is downright funny at times.