Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

uK and South Korea not looking good according to international threads. Japan , lol forget it 

Maybe if people reduce a high expectation and stop comparing with Marvel number,actually the number looks fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

DC really needs to stop trying to appeal to the Donner and Burton fanatics. They are a loud minority. People that watched those films as kids/teens are seniors or dead.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze and I hope Gunn is smart enough not to make another Donner love letter with his film,  not that I expect him to mind you.

Hahahaha!  I watched Superman II and Burton's Batman movies when they came out, and I'm not a senior or dead.   I'm 47 (not considered a senior in the US) since the "Seniors" designation starts around age 60. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Ok, now we are descending into wrongness in a big way. 

He's right. The only people that care about Keaton's Batman are elderly people in their 40's and 50's, and even then: I think Adam West Batman would've been a bigger draw.

• Knock It Off 2

16 minutes ago, martin said:

Maybe if people reduce a high expectation and stop comparing with Marvel number,actually the number looks fine.

The problem is this film has a Marvel budget and Marvel-level marketing.

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

He's right. The only people that care about Keaton's Batman are elderly people in their 40's and 50's, and even then: I think Adam West Batman would've been a bigger draw.

Or the children (now in their 20s) of those 40s and 50s yo elders who were exposed to those "ancient" movies. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, martin said:

DC's done Marvel-tier numbers plenty of times. The Dark Knight was one of the first billion grossers. BvS for all its reception woes did almost 900 million back in 2016. You absolutely can, and should, compare Marvel numbers to DC.

• Like 2

Just now, Mulder said:

DC's done Marvel-tier numbers plenty of times. The Dark Knight was one of the first billion grossers. BvS for all its reception woes did almost 900 million back in 2016. You absolutely can, and should, compare Marvel numbers to DC.

Especially for a film that features Batman. If it was just Flash maybe you can make an argument but the fact of the matter is this movie has been sold essentially as a team up Batman-Flash movie. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I'm honestly shocked Keaton isn't moving the needle

Too little too late. Batman ‘89 was a cultural behemoth 95% of SH movies can only dream of being, but it’s asking too much of old people to still give a shit and pay to see this kind of movie now.

"It will do well with old folks because it has Keaton" OK sure it has Keaton, but it also has 1000 things that old people don't care about. For example, Ezra Miller, supergirl, garbage CGI, overcomplicated multiverse shenanigans, sci-fi nonsense, being a DCEU movie, etc.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Mulder said:

When was the last time though? 4-5 years ago? 

6 underperformances in a row. Maybe the franchise needs a rest, like Star Wars did 

1 minute ago, El Gato said:

When was the last time though? 4-5 years ago? 

6 underperformances in a row. Maybe the franchise needs a rest, like Star Wars did 

The Batman could've done better, but it still did 700 million. That's a pretty big number.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

"It will do well with old folks because it has Keaton" OK sure it has Keaton, but it also has 1000 things that old people don't care about. For example, Ezra Miller, supergirl, garbage CGI, overcomplicated multiverse shenanigans, sci-fi nonsense, being a DCEU movie, etc.

Old people trying to maintain enough energy to watch The Flash:

de3d5575-88f6-4d68-92f2-bed7fdaff47e_tex