Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Lots that one can nitpick on, and there's the obvious Miller elephant in the room, but the last trailer that had me so pumped and ready to watch back to back to back was probably MI Fallout. I'm shocked at how excited this trailer made me for the movie.

Next trailer may be shit, it may show off too much, and since they seem to not have the ending locked in, the final product could end up a dud, but for now...it's my most anticipated superhero flick this year and I am genuinely shocked at that.

• Like 1

Honestly the trailer looks like another black Adam. Having a bunch of insiders claim the film is amazing prior to watching the footage makes it much more effective. Throw in an epic nostalgic kick with Keaton and bingo.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Honestly the trailer looks like another black Adam. Having a bunch of insiders claim the film is amazing prior to watching the footage makes it much more effective. Throw in an epic nostalgic kick with Keaton and bingo.

It's not like it's corporate insiders, they're test screening audiences over god knows how many separate screenings over the past year whose scores have been superb. WB is clearly very confident in this film. Maybe that will blow up in their face like Eternals, but I haven't seen anything yet to convince me that this will be a dud.

Where are these Black Adam comparisons coming from?!

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

I don't know what you're smoking but the trailer does not look like black adam.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also breaking through this year was Warner Bros/DC’s The Flash (June 16) and Universal’s Fast X (May 19) which ranked as the third and fourth most watched Super Bowl trailers in RelishMix history respectively with 24 hour viewership of 97.4M and 94.1M. Last year, Marvel Studio’s trailer for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness had the most post-game traffic with 93.1M views. 

https://deadline.com/2023/02/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-the-flash-fast-x-super-bowl-trailers-views-1235261136/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2023 at 11:12 PM, John Marston said:

yes Batman 89 was huge at the time but now we have had movies like the Nolan films that destroy it in terms of quality. Most of today's moviegoers also grew up with Bale (including the same ones that grew up with Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man). Not Keaton. Keaton was also barely in his own movies. Many think of Nicholson's Joker when they think of Batman 89 instead of Keaton's Batman.  Keaton is not going to add as much to the business of this film as people think

Don’t ever underestimate nostalgia, ever! Bale is the Batman for Millennials but Keaton is the Batman for Gen X! Anecdotal evidence but my older coworkers who were kids/teens when Keaton Batman came out lost their minds seeing him back and now want to see Flash! My parents reacted the same 

20 hours ago, excel1 said:

Yea i am not getting those vibes with black adam i didn't really care to watched it and i still haven't yet. With the flash although i don't like ezra miller at all i do like the character of the flash since i have watch the cw show for 9 seasons now and i like batman any versions of him and the director is good i enjoy both IT movies and Mama. So i will be watching and i hope it is a hit.  

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 11:12 PM, John Marston said:

yes Batman 89 was huge at the time but now we have had movies like the Nolan films that destroy it in terms of quality. Most of today's moviegoers also grew up with Bale (including the same ones that grew up with Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man). Not Keaton. Keaton was also barely in his own movies. Many think of Nicholson's Joker when they think of Batman 89 instead of Keaton's Batman.  Keaton is not going to add as much to the business of this film as people think

Close to release it was all over america. Mania was unprecedented. OW record before that summer was 25m. 2 movies broke the record including crazily hyped Indy 3 and Ghostbusters 2 in back to back weeks. But few weeks post that Batman broke the same record by over 40%. it was done during an era where there were no Imax or PLF nor it went went with a small release with inflated ticket prices in big markets like Lion King did. 

These Gen X/Millennials will be back big time for this for sure. 

• Like 1

Batman 1989 is one of the most hyped films in history alongside Episode 1 and Endgame. It is in the tier above The Dark Knight, ID4, Spider-man 2002, Matrix Reloaded, Da Force Awakens group. 

The opening weekend was set THE WEEKEND PRIOR at $29m. Batman proceeds to open at $42.5m. Legend. 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Close to release it was all over america. Mania was unprecedented. OW record before that summer was 25m. 2 movies broke the record including crazily hyped Indy 3 and Ghostbusters 2 in back to back weeks. But few weeks post that Batman broke the same record by over 40%. it was done during an era where there were no Imax or PLF nor it went went with a small release with inflated ticket prices in big markets like Lion King did. 

These Gen X/Millennials will be back big time for this for sure. 

yes it was a huge movie back then. But that doesn't mean it means anything to loads of moviegoers today. It is a kind of dated relic especially in comparison to other superhero movies that came after especially Nolan's Batman movies. Keaton was also barely in his own movies. When many people think of Batman 89 they think of Jack Nicholson's Joker

so I don't think the memberberry aspect will add as much as people think. 

Edited by John Marston

On 2/14/2023 at 2:12 AM, John Marston said:

Batman 89 may be overrated but Batman Returns is better than any of the Nolan films and Keaton is still the best live action Batman. This movie will make bank.

• Like 3