Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

7 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

creed 3 is mostly getting 7/10 reviews; flash might be good for a superhero movie, but nothing ive seen or read makes me think itll be a masterpiece or anything like that

What do reviews have to do with test screenings?

15 hours ago, cax16 said:

Has anyone said this is a masterpiece? Maybe @ViewerAnoncan correct me if I’m wrong but I believe all that was said was it was DC best tested movie since the dark knight, not that it’s as good as the dark knight or anything. I think it was just a crowd pleaser and that’s probably why the movie tested well and WB is confident. Maybe some sites have ran some BS articles but all I remember reading is WB is confident in this and it has tested well. 

14 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

might have gotten punked by the "best dc movie ever" some sites were running with

Didn't James Gunn say in his announcement video that its one of the best comic book movies ever made?

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Didn't James Gunn say in his announcement video that its one of the best comic book movies ever made?

Yes but that doesn’t mean it’s better than TDK, or maybe he doesn’t think TDK is that good lol. 

16 hours ago, cax16 said:

Has anyone said this is a masterpiece? Maybe @ViewerAnoncan correct me if I’m wrong but I believe all that was said was it was DC best tested movie since the dark knight, not that it’s as good as the dark knight or anything. I think it was just a crowd pleaser and that’s probably why the movie tested well and WB is confident. Maybe some sites have ran some BS articles but all I remember reading is WB is confident in this and it has tested well. 

I don't like doing comparisons like that for a couple reasons: outside of rare cases we don't have access to the actual scores, just the opinions of people who've seen the cut; and how in the world can someone compare THE FLASH to THE DARK KNIGHT when they're so tonally different?

THE FLASH tested very well, I'm confident in saying that. But how that compares to every other DC movie that's tested in the last decade, I'm not sure. I wish I had all that data.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I love Gunn, but the cynic in me says with that big an investment on the line, for DC  what the hell do you expect him to say?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

hasnt the movie changed quite a bit between test screenings?

Uh,k that is why they have test screenings.

Don't confuse test screening with "preview" screenings,whihc are made after a film is "locked" to generate publicty and buzz,

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I love Gunn, but the cynic in me says with that big an investment on the line, for DC  what the hell do you expect him to say?

How often have you seen an executive say something similar to what Gunn said? Also, if he's just pumping it up, why not do it for Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, Blue Beetle?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

How often have you seen an executive say something similar to what Gunn said? Also, if he's just pumping it up, why not do it for Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, Blue Beetle?

Gunn clearly went an extra mile with his Flash praise. Its noteworthy 100%. This isn't The Rock saying BA will change films forever. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Remember the movies budget apparently ballooned to 300m budget so this needs to make a shit ton of money to be successful. It makes sense they are hyping this up as much as possible 

I can’t see it making $300m domestic, but considering I assumed this would be the easiest and biggest bomb of the year before the trailer dropped, it could still end up doing decently and saving face.