Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Too many people say the movie is good. I don't see why they'd risk their reputation for a stinker. And i doubt WB would insist the movie is great if they knew they had a misfire on their hands. The Flash being an amazing movie is legit imo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Too many people say the movie is good. I don't see why they'd risk their reputation for a stinker. And i doubt WB would insist the movie is great if they knew they had a misfire on their hands. The Flash being an amazing movie is legit imo

The cinemacon news really convinced me but this reduces my confidence. It's a weird combination of too on the noise (clear subtext is "Top Gun Maverick star declares Flash to be the next Top Gun Maverick") and completely off the record. There's not even the pretense of a rote "Cruise/director of Flash did not comment when asked." 

WB clearly thinks they have a crowd-pleasing hit on their hands, but this makes me suspect they're trying too hard to gin up a pre-release whisper campaign about the film's quality because of how successfully Top Gun: Maverick was able to leverage one (given that initial screenings happened pre-pandemic and Maverick genuinely was the most crowd pleasing blockbuster of the decade).

Are we supposed to be 100% confident this happened as depicted because "an insider" said it as part of the film's marketing campaign?

Is this the next "Frosty the Snowman" aka a stunt hastily created to distract from terrible short term press? Not a great fit but I'll never pass up a chance to remind people of this crazy story.

https://screenrant.com/jason-momoa-wb-fake-frosty-news-justice-league-allegations/

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

1 minute ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

The cinemacon news really convinced me but this reduces my confidence. It's a weird combination of too on the noise (clear subtext is "Top Gun Maverick star declares Flash to be the next Top Gun Maverick") and completely off the record. There's not even the pretense of a rote "Cruise/director of Flash did not comment when asked." 

WB clearly thinks they have a crowdpleasing hit on their hands, but this makes me suspect they're trying too hard to gin up a pre-release whisper campaign about the film's quality because of how successfully Top Gun: Maverick was able to leverage one (given that initial screenings happened pre-pandemic and Maverick genuinely was the most crowd pleasing blockbuster of the decade).

You're overthinking it. Movie is good. The Cruise news is to hype it up even more. Nothing bad about it imo

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

The movie probably is great but to put out this article claming the biggest movie star in the world was asking to see the movie and declared it a cinematic savior just screams misdirection to take attention away from Shazam 2

• Like 2