Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Personal views on the trailer aside I don't think you can deny that this trailer has HIT BIG with the general public. If it is as good as test screenings have said then this could do a lot better than I expected. While this does "reboot" the universe, it could be seen as the first step of the Gunn-verse anyway and audience goodwill should help them going forward.

I'm gonna go 100M OW minimum

600m WW minimum

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1

Trailer was fire. People complaining about CGI, it'll be better by the time it's released. I wonder if there was similar energy for some of Marvel's awful CGI (She-Hulk, Kang looks laughable in Quantumania so far but Majors will kill it, Multiverse of Madness etc). Shame Miller probably ruined its ceiling BUT

To people hating on Keaton or wondering what the big deal is. Batman 89 was THE Batman movie and actually is still up there; it was one of the biggest blockbusters (blueprint for modern blockbuster marketing since) of all time (shattered the open weekend record) with an iconic joker, iconic Batman, iconic score (still the best one imo) etc. Keaton's Batman is viewed as the GOAT live-action Batman (other than Bale probably) for most people above 30. Keaton coming back is a big* deal. He's probably going to be one of the main reasons this makes any amount money. If it weren't for the miller factor I'd say this could open to 130+ million easy, even with the DC baggage.

Edited by jaybox
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Epic Super Bowl spot buzz reminds me of years past when the big game was the scene for the summers biggest films! I still remember the internet losing its mind when Hulk tossed the tank across the desert 20 years ago. Hopefully this works out better. 😐

4 hours ago, jaybox said:

Trailer was fire. People complaining about CGI, it'll be better by the time it's released. I wonder if there was similar energy for some of Marvel's awful CGI (She-Hulk, Kang looks laughable in Quantumania so far but Majors will kill it, Multiverse of Madness etc). Shame Miller probably ruined its ceiling BUT

To people hating on Keaton or wondering what the big deal is. Batman 89 was THE Batman movie and actually is still up there; it was one of the biggest blockbusters (blueprint for modern blockbuster marketing since) of all time (shattered the open weekend record) with an iconic joker, iconic Batman, iconic score (still the best one imo) etc. Keaton's Batman is viewed as the GOAT live-action Batman (other than Bale probably) for most people above 30. Keaton coming back is a big* deal. He's probably going to be one of the main reasons this makes any amount money. If it weren't for the miller factor I'd say this could open to 130+ million easy, even with the DC baggage.

yes Batman 89 was huge at the time but now we have had movies like the Nolan films that destroy it in terms of quality. Most of today's moviegoers also grew up with Bale (including the same ones that grew up with Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man). Not Keaton. Keaton was also barely in his own movies. Many think of Nicholson's Joker when they think of Batman 89 instead of Keaton's Batman.  Keaton is not going to add as much to the business of this film as people think

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

yes Batman 89 was huge at the time but now we have had movies like the Nolan films that destroy it in terms of quality. Most of today's moviegoers also grew up with Bale. Not Keaton. Keaton was also barely in his own movies. Many think of Nicholson's Joker when they think of Batman 89 instead of Keaton's Batman.  Keaton is not going to add as much to the business of this film as people think

Dude, we get it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jaybox said:

I’m undoubtedly older than the average user on here and Keaton is very much ‘my’ Batman. 

I thought his “I’m Batman” moment in the trailer was cringe as fuck. I’m fine with him getting a payday, but that’s about it.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

I’m undoubtedly older than the average user on here and Keaton is very much ‘my’ Batman. 

I thought his “I’m Batman” moment in the trailer was cringe as fuck. I’m fine with him getting a payday, but that’s about it.

Yeah I hear that - we’ll see. My sample size is obviously  small but people on my end- half of which hate DC btw- all said the trailer was amazing and they’re happy to see Keaton again. Even my boss who’s 50 said it cool seeing the trailer and Keaton being back. 

8 hours ago, John Marston said:

yes Batman 89 was huge at the time but now we have had movies like the Nolan films that destroy it in terms of quality. Most of today's moviegoers also grew up with Bale (including the same ones that grew up with Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man). Not Keaton. Keaton was also barely in his own movies. Many think of Nicholson's Joker when they think of Batman 89 instead of Keaton's Batman.  Keaton is not going to add as much to the business of this film as people think

Yeah I hear ya- I’m probably in the range you’re talking about seeing as Bale’s batman (Begins and Dark knight are my top 2 favorite live action batman movies B89 is third) and Tobey ‘s Spidey the live action blockbuster heroes of my “youth” but I’m just saying Keaton’s batman is a batman many in that specific age group grew up with be it thru theaters or home video / TV or discovering it thru B:TAS  since it’s connected thru the main theme. He’s definitely going to be a factor how much remains to be seen.

11 hours ago, John Marston said:

Keaton will undoubtedly give it a bump domestically, probably OW

But it won't affect OS gross 

Trailer views on WB's channel are on par with those of GOTG III's on Marvel's Channel. Views on trailer reactions and discussions from big reaction channels are bigger than GOTG III, though. I don't think reactions to a DC film have been this positive like in a long time.

• Like 1