Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

43 minutes ago, Ohana said:

The officia report til now is 200M, stop adding hundreds of millions without a concrete proof.

??? I said "massive budget",  literally didn´t say a number. Maybe if you tried to read it properly instead of going in fanboy mode right away you would see that. With 200M + marketing then 500M isn´t close to good enough.

Edited by thajdikt

24 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

??? I said "massive budget",  literally didn´t say a number. Maybe if you tried to read it properly instead of going in fanboy mode right away you would see that. With 200M + marketing then 500M isn´t close to good enough.

We don't know how much they spent on the film itself. But lots of stories that  it cost a lot more then the  figures the studio is giving out...I have heard 300 Million from a number of sources.

And it's not like Studio PR spolesmen have not been known to lie and distort on occasion.\

But even it it's is 200 Million not including marketing, 500 Million world wide is not good. Marekting would be guarantted to add 100 Million to the budget at a minimum. And WB is going to market the hell out of this movie. THye could afford to more or less write off Shazam 2 and not throw away money marketing when thought would be a flop, but not this movie.

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

We don't know how much they spent on the film itself. But lots of stories that  it cost a lot more then the  figures the studio is giving out...I have heard 300 Million from a number of sources.

And it's not like Studio PR spolesmen have not been known to lie and distort on occasion.\

But even it it's is 200 Million not including marketing, 500 Million world wide is not good. Marekting would be guarantted to add 100 Million to the budget at a minimum. And WB is going to market the hell out of this movie. THye could afford to more or less write off Shazam 2 and not throw away money marketing when thought would be a flop, but not this movie.

Let’s not move the goalposts when it suits you. 2.5x the production budget has always been a rule of thumb. There are other revenue streams, films don’t need to make back their marketing budgets as well from theatrical only. Plus the $100m standard is outdated due to social media. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Let’s not move the goalposts when it suits you. 2.5x the production budget has always been a rule of thumb. There are other revenue streams, films don’t need to make back their marketing budgets as well from theatrical only. Plus the $100m standard is outdated due to social media. 

We oughta stop taking budget rumors as gospel. It's 200 mil. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

And we should not take Studio PR statements as gospel either.

So how are you ever going to even fathom a guess at a movie's budget? The trades get their numbers... from the studio. So if those numbers are always a lie, what's the point of even discussing budgets. Because we clearly aren't ever getting a real number.

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

People expecting $1B from this movie should come down to Earth.

I think movies that make one BIllion are going to be few and far between in the new reality. Clear that the advent of streaming has  badly hurt Threatrical Movie Attendence, and it's permanent. IMOH all Covid did was speed up the move to Streaming by a couple of years. Would have happened anyway, just a bit more slowly.

It might be the most serous crisis the film industry has faced since the coming of TV in the late 40's, which wreked havoc on Film Box Office as a whole, and the industry never got near selling as many tickets per year as they did pre TV.

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If The Batman could not do a Billion, unlikely the Flash will.

I prefer to live in reality.

batman could not but Aquabro did. Its not just about the character. Flash looks more of an entertainer with uber dark movie from Reeves. Plus its not just a flash movie. It has multiple Bats, super girl and other cameos. If the cinemacon response is a rave then we are in for a ride for sure. 

That said I wont predict a billie. DC and overseas are not a great partners. But China is rejecting all SH movies for now. And top of it Dollar is still very strong though its down 10% from the peak last year. If it can go down further, OS grosses have some potential. That will only happen when Fed stops the interest rate hikes for a while. 

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

batman could not but Aquabro did. Its not just about the character. Flash looks more of an entertainer with uber dark movie from Reeves. Plus its not just a flash movie. It has multiple Bats, super girl and other cameos. If the cinemacon response is a rave then we are in for a ride for sure. 

That said I wont predict a billie. DC and overseas are not a great partners. But China is rejecting all SH movies for now. And top of it Dollar is still very strong though its down 10% from the peak last year. If it can go down further, OS grosses have some potential. That will only happen when Fed stops the interest rate hikes for a while. 

Aquaman  was just before the Streaming revolution hit bigtime. Bad comparasion for that reason.

The whole landscape of the film business has changed over the past four years. Streaming has badly cut into threatrical reveneus...and that seems to be a permanent loss.like what  happened when Television came in.

I think the Flash looks like it will be a lot of fun, but I see 700 million as a best case scenario.

49 minutes ago, Ohana said:

'The Batman' was so boring, felt like a 6 hour movie to me.

And I loved it except for the last 20 minutes .

It was not trying to be an action scene every five minutes type of movie, more of a straight mystery suspense film.

Anyway, before streamng hit I think a solo Batman film that was not a total disaster would have gotten near a billion just on the name Batman alone.