Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

I am from the Philippines and not many people knew there were Tuesday previews for this one. Movies here normally open on a Wednesday. This kind of previews is rare. Having said that, I can't speak for the cinemascore since I'm not from the US. But my audience dug it a lot. They laughed at the funny parts and were visibly excited at the action scenes AND cameos. There weren't many people in my cinema, though. We were probably just 15 people.

They are hardcore fan audience but still encouraging response for global reception

WB have succeeded in creating a high-quality crowd-pleasing popcorn actioner.  WOM will be excellent and audiences will be more excited for more of these characters. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Glad the cgi is getting called out. A lot of studios treat special effects like an afterthought (and treat the people who create them similarly) but it matters when it all looks like shit, and it’s currently endemic. Give your artists more time, let them be proud of their product. But you won’t, because the SH conveyor-belt of diminishing returns can’t slow down. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 13
  • Knock It Off 2

I think I'm one of the only people who doesn't care about the CGI, it's become par for the course with comic book movies of late.  Thor's CGI was terrible,  Ant-Man's CGI was worse than terrible,  this looks really bad etc..  

I'm used to it.  The VFX houses are overworked,  underpaid and some have dropped out of the CBM business all together.  

• Like 1

As for RT,  yeah I don't think WB could have actually asked for much more.  Some were expecting 85-90% and sure that would have been great and maybe it would have sold a few more tickets but I never believed it would go that high.  This movie has been in production hell and turmoil for years.  It's a miracle that it appears it's a good movie. 

And make no mistake about it,  72% after 133 reviews and a 95% audience score points to it being at least a "fun movie" and what else was anyone really expecting? 

The hate is overblown.  The praise also seemed overblown.   Honestly,  around $70M Opening Weekend is about where I'd expect a movie like this to land.  Could it have gotten up to $90M?  Maybe if EVERYTHING went right but that was mostly a pipedream. 

Just got back from it, and it´s a mixed bag for me. The first and second act is amazing. However the movie completely falls apart in the third act. Ezra is great, Keaton is great and Sasha is great. The CGI is very bad. Think the crowd I watched it with loved it tho. 7/10. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I'm honestly shocked Keaton isn't moving the needle

DC really needs to stop trying to appeal to the Donner and Burton fanatics. They are a loud minority. People that watched those films as kids/teens are seniors or dead.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze and I hope Gunn is smart enough not to make another Donner love letter with his film,  not that I expect him to mind you.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 5

56 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Pre sales everywhere are not good. Like people are just not interested in the movie

It's the same in my country. Very few screenings and presales are comically bad - my local cinema sold just one ticket for their first screening and five for next seven so 6 out of 3200 available lol.

I think WBD will be desperate for some LatAm markets + UK + South Korea + Japan to overperform. Europe is not saving this one. Unless walk-ups are great and 2nd weekend drop is under 40% literally everywhere... This will struggle to cross 400M WW.

59 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Pre sales everywhere are not good. Like people are just not interested in the movie

This.

Probably a number of reasons: CBM fatigue  is real and audiences have become more selective ; Not enough space between the movie and the TV show; reception was OK but not enough to convince the fence sitters. 

I think WB will get it's money back and maybe even make a modest profit...that is probably all they are expecting as this point.

11 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

DC really needs to stop trying to appeal to the Donner and Burton fanatics. They are a loud minority. People that watched those films as kids/teens are seniors or dead.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze and I hope Gunn is smart enough not to make another Donner love letter with his film,  not that I expect him to mind you.

That is just so wrong.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, martin said:

The WOM looks promising.

I think 500m WW is a win for WB.

When you figure in marketing, that means is managed to just break even. It is better then losing money, but not a win. 

Studios do not spend 200 Million on a movie just to break even.

A long string of wins like that...barely breaking even...and a studio will go under. You have to get into profit sometime to survive.

9 minutes ago, Alexander said:

It's the same in my country. Very few screenings and presales are comically bad - my local cinema sold just one ticket for their first screening and five for next seven so 6 out of 3200 available lol.

I think WBD will be desperate for some LatAm markets + UK + South Korea + Japan to overperform. Europe is not saving this one. Unless walk-ups are great and 2nd weekend drop is under 40% literally everywhere... This will struggle to cross 400M WW.

uK and South Korea not looking good according to international threads. Japan , lol forget it 

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

When you figure in marketing, that means is managed to just break even. It is better then losing money, but not a win. 

Studios do not spend 200 Million on a movie just to break even.

A long string of wins like that...barely breaking even...and a studio will go under. You have to get into profit sometime to survive.

Break even is better than not out at all with that budget,also there's profit market outside box-office. At least WB care enough to close Snyder world and introduce new DC world.