Eric Lasagna

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

7 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

bit iffy about some of the dialogue but it does look like a lot of fun 

Yep because the main thing that was praised about the original was how great the dialogue is. LOL

6 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Looks very silly, but both leads are very good-looking, so here's that.

Every movie these days have attractive leads, unless they are purposely ugly like Charlize Theron in Monster.

Still afraid this is going to get DR Part Oned. They should move up to the 12th unless they are afraid of Fly Me To the Moon. =).  Universal has DM4 on the 5th so they want to spread it out I guess. Hopefully because it is PG-13 it can coexist with D and W even if it loses all it's PLFs on the 25th.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Flying cars instead of flying cows.

Ridiculous.

Feels like it's more because they are looking the opposite direction to the actual Twister. Fails to convey scale. I get that they wanted the stars faces on the poster, feels like there was a better design to do that while still feeling big. 

Anyway, I have always held that posters don't matter much for movies, it's always about a kick-ass trailer and this trailer mostly landed.

• Like 1

The movie 'Twister' is low key pretty damn scary, and that sense of seriousness was played up in its advertising. Not sure trying to look like a Godzilla vs Kong like cgi fast is a smart advertising move.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, excel1 said:

The movie 'Twister' is low key pretty damn scary, and that sense of seriousness was played up in its advertising. Not sure trying to look like a Godzilla vs Kong like cgi fast is a smart advertising move.

The drive-in section is genuinely creepy with the way the tornado slowly appears out of the darkness. 

• Like 1

Saw the original in 96, even brought the soundtrack.  Very cool and fun Blockbuster. It did very well in 96, only "Independence Day" was bigger.  It seems this is just a "Younger" version of the original film as far as cast.   Bill Paxton may be gone but I agree getting Helen would have been a layup.  She didn't even have to have a huge part.   Maybe they didn't want the character to be her daughter but to me story wise it makes sense.  Helen would be against her being a storm chaser but she does it anyway against her wishes.  Anyways, I'm a fan of the original so I will watch it eventually.  

• Like 1

You can see another twister in the rearview mirror of the car.

It's a goofy poster for sure, but probably the best type of design they could do in terms of having it both ways in showcasing the leads and the tornados. 

38 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Saw the original in 96, even brought the soundtrack.  Very cool and fun Blockbuster. It did very well in 96, only "Independence Day" was bigger.  It seems this is just a "Younger" version of the original film as far as cast.   Bill Paxton may be gone but I agree getting Helen would have been a layup.  She didn't even have to have a huge part.   Maybe they didn't want the character to be her daughter but to me story wise it makes sense.  Helen would be against her being a storm chaser but she does it anyway against her wishes.  Anyways, I'm a fan of the original so I will watch it eventually.  

They probably would've liked to bring Helen Hunt back if they could, but based on stuff that's gotten to the press there's a lot of ice between her and the studios regarding this franchise

When I watched Planet of the Apes yesterday here in Germany, they did a very strange thing for this movie(which I have never seen before for another movie). Instead of playing the trailer, they just took like 10 second clips with the Twisters logo at the end, and that like 5 or 6 times throughout all the other trailers. Got kinda annoying after a while ngl.

44 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

The drive-in section is genuinely creepy with the way the tornado slowly appears out of the darkness. 

100%. The opening scene was known at the time for inspiring a ton of nightmares.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 5:55 AM, excel1 said:

My favorte bit in Twister is where they go ito the shed for shelter, only to see it if full of scythes and the other sharp  implements used on farms.