movies!movies!

Bullet Train | Sony | August 5, 2022 | Brad Pitt and a bunch of other people

4 hours ago, Thena said:

You didn't. Lol. I think it will do around 40m

Impossible with August beeing as empty as it is.

This will safely do 100M+ unless its a very bad movie which doubt. The trailer looks very fun.

2 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

This will safely do 100M+ unless its a very bad movie which doubt. The trailer looks very fun.

August isn't empty tho. NOPE will be released on 12th OS

I just realised they made sure that there's no guns on the (godawful) poster 

FUKzgnYUUAAC-qm?format=jpg&name=900x900

I imagine they have a different edit somewhere similar to what WB did with The Suicide Squad

fe9LtZvBv0dBHWrNbp84SVtFiDL.jpg

5SqXxcQWCb5X8zINltsSwPy0yKL.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thena said:

I know.

Elaborating, August is just a total wasteland this year. Even if Nope moves into August (which will probably not happen), theres still a lot of room for Bullet Train to play well for the late summer crowds into September. It just needs at least solid reception and then it will take off. I dont really expect a huge OW for it (25 - 35M seems about right), but its legs will be very good.

18 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Can it open with more than 30m?

This is going to benefit from being the last tentpole of the summer and the fact that August will be incredibly barren otherwise (although Beast has potential to pull similar numbers to Candyman from last year). Pitt has proven on his own to be a certified draw in the right role (World War Z wouldn't have made as much without him while Fury did pretty well for a war movie without awards buzz to propel it), so all that + a marketing campaign that promises a fun movie gives this a lot of room for a potential breakout.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

It certainly can imo. Just needs good enough reviews.

Test screening reactions were good but I'm not sure how much we can trust them. Plus the sony factor💀 They can mess up too.

3 hours ago, Thena said:

Test screening reactions were good but I'm not sure how much we can trust them. Plus the sony factor💀 They can mess up too.

its based on a book. @EmpireCity saw 1st 20 minutes at CinemaCon and had great things to say. I saw the trailer twice and it had great audience reaction. I am sure this will open very well. it has a open run as Thor 4 is pretty much end of its run by that time(especially if Disney sticks with similar release schedule to D+ like DS2).

15 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

its based on a book. @EmpireCity saw 1st 20 minutes at CinemaCon and had great things to say. I saw the trailer twice and it had great audience reaction. I am sure this will open very well. it has a open run as Thor 4 is pretty much end of its run by that time(especially if Disney sticks with similar release schedule to D+ like DS2).

Idk😭😭 I see negative reactions as well. some are tired of seeing the trailer.

I mentioned the other week that Sony is literally attaching the trailer for this to EVERYTHING! Top Gun. Doctor Strange. The Northman. Everything Everywhere. Ambulance. The Unbearable Weight. A lot of that has to do with the fact Sony has nothing else to promote at the moment besides Crawdads (which clearly isn't aimed at the main target audience for all of the aforementioned movies), but they're definitely doing their part in letting everyone know this is coming out soon.

5 minutes ago, Thena said:

Idk😭😭 I see negative reactions as well. some are tired of seeing the trailer.

That is bcos he sees all the movies and the same trailer has played in all of them. That happens. I mentioned anecdotal data when I saw few recent movies. Let us anyway wait for the movie to release. 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is bcos he sees all the movies and the same trailer has played in all of them. That happens. I mentioned anecdotal data when I saw few recent movies. Let us anyway wait for the movie to release. 

This is my last question but can we really trust test screening reactions?😭😭