CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Unless there's any objections, it looks like Sunday, May 2nd will be the new Year 8 deadline. If that's cool with you, just like this post (don't worry, not a shameless ploy to get likes, it's only so I don't get a bunch of response posts like "yes" or "that's alright")

I'm out of likes, but this post gets a metaphorical like from me for the time being, and I'll physically like it as soon as I'm able to! But for now: 👍

Tagging everyone to make sure Alpha's post is seen by all potential participants:

@Blankments @cookie @Ezen Baklattan @Ethan Hunt @El Squibbonator @YourMother the Edgelord @The Panda @Rorschach @Xillix @Safeno Rdz @MCKillswitch123 @cannastop @WrathOfHan @4815162342 @Reddroast @lamamama

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Unless there's any objections, it looks like Sunday, May 2nd will be the new Year 8 deadline. If that's cool with you, just like this post (don't worry, not a shameless ploy to get likes, it's only so I don't get a bunch of response posts like "yes" or "that's alright")

Wait did we ever do a poll on this?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Wait did we ever do a poll on this?

I didn't make the poll because it seemed like the general consensus was that the new deadline would be May 2nd. If anyone thinks the deadline should be an earlier date then I'll make the poll, but if we're all cool with May 2nd then I see no reason to.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rorschach said:

I don't think extending the deadline until May 2nd is necessary, but if it's there to act as a hard deadline for Part 1, with no further extensions after that, then I'm okay with it. 

I second May 2nd being the hard deadline.

• Like 1

Just now, El Squibbonator said:

It is if the entires want any hope of being "successful". 

Go back and look at the box office results threads for previous CAYOM years and you’ll find plenty of examples of films that are able to coexist with each other and still be successful in their own right.

• Like 2

I’ll add to what I said above and say that we hardly ever end up in a situation where the schedule is “overcrowded” enough to significantly hurt a film’s success. Most dates rarely have more than 2 or 3 wide-release films competing against one another, and even then having more films adds to the realism of the game.

A schedule that’s slightly overcrowded (and again, that doesn’t happen much) is much more preferable than a schedule that’s practically barren because there’s not enough completed films. Frankly, I’m more than willing to risk having a overcrowded schedule by having a later deadline, if it means writers will enough time to complete their films.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I’ll add to what I said above and say that we hardly ever end up in a situation where the schedule is “overcrowded” enough to significantly hurt a film’s success. Most dates rarely have more than 2 or 3 wide-release films competing against one another, and even then having more films adds to the realism of the game.

A schedule that’s slightly overcrowded (and again, that doesn’t happen much) is much more preferable than a schedule that’s practically barren because there’s not enough completed films. Frankly, I’m more than willing to risk having a overcrowded schedule by having a later deadline, if it means writers will enough time to complete their films.

Besides the most films we’ve had in a year was like 105, it’s mostly around the 80-85 range. There should be more than enough room for everyone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Besides the most films we’ve had in a year was like 105, it’s mostly around the 80-85 range. There should be more than enough room for everyone.

Besides the final schedule never ends up as crowded as it seems. Odds are a chunk of these movies won’t happen.

• Like 1