YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

On 1/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, filmlover said:

It won't. The movie's social media accounts say "In Theaters Summer 2022" (the accounts for Luca and Turning Red were never committed to anything concrete beyond "coming June 2021/March 2022"). Rule of thumb with Disney is that they firmly state how the movie will be released in the marketing (Death on the Nile and Doctor Strange 2 have also used "only in theaters" in their marketing campaigns).

The recent trailer didn’t say anything about theaters tho… 🤔

I'm willing to bet that Turning Red is going to absolutely dominate on Disney+, which means this too is 99% going there with the announcement made by the end of March.

Theaters are not mentioned by a word in today's promotional material. This is pretty much the future unless Spider-Verse 2 miraculously becomes a smash hit. No pressure Sony. Not at all.

I Really want this to be theatrical! Common Pixar keep it there! Win against Disney!

Man Love the Lighting Animation and cinematography detail and Baymax 2.0 (Socks the Cat) I hope that was indeed Zurg in this trailer or he's definitely in the movie! I Like Pixar's direction of this more than the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command! Excited for this one! Here's my reaction and review for the trailer! 

Edited by Seth Irskens

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm willing to bet that Turning Red is going to absolutely dominate on Disney+, which means this too is 99% going there with the announcement made by the end of March.

Theaters are not mentioned by a word in today's promotional material. This is pretty much the future unless Spider-Verse 2 miraculously becomes a smash hit. No pressure Sony. Not at all.

Oh, nothing animation is going over 200m domestic this year. With Lightyear, being the final straw that breaks the back, animation will be viewed as seen via streaming only. It doesn’t matter the reception of benefits ITSV2 has, it’s probably going under 150m domestic.

• Haha 1

Been getting a feeling for a while that this is the movie that Disney planned to bring Premier Access back for, or at least giving it the Encanto treatment. Helps its theatrical case that D+ won't be hurting for new content by June like they are now and that it's aimed on some level at the 18-34 male demo (which wasn't the case for Turning Red) that has largely kept the box office afloat throughout the pandemic era.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Disney Latin America made a post on its website talking a little about the premiere of Pixar's 'Lightyear', and ended the text like this:

“Buzz is traveling at the speed of light to tell his story and all it takes to welcome him is Disney Plus“

Fucking called it, watch Wednesday it be revealed as a plus exclusive

Edited by YourMother
  • Astonished 1

That’s it for Pixar films getting theatrical releases, they may keep one or two WDAS film a theatrical release but otherwise I suspect it to be the same. Chapek doesn’t care anymore unless you’re Marvel, SW or big IP, you’re not get theatrical.

23 minutes ago, YourMother said:

That’s it for Pixar films getting theatrical releases, they may keep one or two WDAS film a theatrical release but otherwise I suspect it to be the same. Chapek doesn’t care anymore unless you’re Marvel, SW or big IP, you’re not get theatrical.

Oh don’t worry. Everything will be gone from theaters. Avatar 5 will be the last Disney movie on the big screen. They’re chasing Netflix. Theatrical means nothing anymore. Papa Feige and Cameron will kneel before the streaming gods.

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Oh don’t worry. Everything will be gone from theaters. Avatar 5 will be the last Disney movie on the big screen. They’re chasing Netflix. Theatrical means nothing anymore. Papa Feige and Cameron will kneel before the streaming gods.

So I can finally stop tracking in 2028.

• Haha 1