Eric Prime

Nope | Jordan Peele | Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun star | July 22, 2022

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

This is the 2nd big bomb of the Summer. A Jordan Peele movie with a prime release date and with marketing starting one year before should be having way more hype than this one does. I am not even sure about 30M anymore. Thinking 25/60 right now.

I know the poster and teaser came out ages ago, but it honestly feels like there’s been absolutely nothing since. 

Maybe it’s because it got delayed 3 weeks here so I haven’t seen a single piece of advertising. 

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The consensus on Candyman isn’t great.

5.9 IMDB. 72% RT audience. 3.2 on Letterboxd. B Cinemascore. 72 Metacritic. 72% positive audience score on Postrak with 56% definite recommendation

Those aren’t bad online scores for a horror film. Especially a franchise reboot. It had decent legs too. Reviews were great.  

Just the sweeping statement proclaiming it “bad” is a bit lame. 

A number of IMAX theaters near me have this booked for all day for those two weeks until Bullet Train comes out (looks like WB won't even try to get Super-Pets in for daytime shows), most likely because it was shot in the format, so it makes sense that they would push to see this on those screens as much as possible.