Eric Duncan

Nope | Jordan Peele | Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun star | July 22, 2022

Loved this trailer more. Like the teaser but if this trailer is the actual tone of the film then the first teaser is poor marketing.

Loved Get out but US  got a little way over it's head  at the end there.

Wouldn't  mind peele to changing it up a little once  in a while .

I'm all in for a horror-esque blockbuster.

This should do well.

Gonna avoid these last two trailers, already sold.

I'm assuming they're not rolling out the red carpet for a 70MM IMAX release which is a shame because it's so rare to get something containing genuine IMAX footage, it's basically one a year. 

Will definitely check out on a Laser IMAX screen though which is the next best thing. 

I must say the new trailers are a brutal tonal shift from the marketing up until this point. I think they were afraid that even with the movie being good, WOM would be bad because of the marketing selling a different movie.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I must say the new trailers are a brutal tonal shift from the marketing up until this point. I think they were afraid that even with the movie being good, WOM would be bad because of the marketing selling a different movie.

I'm getting the feeling the movie will end up being pretty straightforward aliens in the end and the marketing playing up the mystery box might have been hurting the movie.

If it does turn out to be straightforward like Signs, best to get that out in the marketing right now rather than risk a big backlash later.

• Like 4

It's possible (and perhaps likely) that the tone of the second trailer is a stronger representation of the movie. Peele does come from a comedy background after all (even both Get Out and Us weren't without their satirical moments despite the horror/thriller elements dominating), and given that this appears to be dealing with aliens or supernatural beings it seems natural that he'd be more at ease incorporating a healthy dose of humor in this sort of flick.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

It's possible (and perhaps likely) that the tone of the second trailer is a stronger representation of the movie. Peele does come from a comedy background after all (even both Get Out and Us weren't without their satirical moments despite the horror/thriller elements dominating), and given that this appears to be dealing with aliens or supernatural beings it seems natural that he'd be more at ease incorporating a healthy dose of humor in this sort of flick.

This is what I've been saying.

Also, this trailer validates and confirms the test screenings. I think Universal is aware of this and acted accordingly. They should brace audiences for a straightforward, fun UFO chasing film... not some deep political allegory with huge horror twists. There is absolute possibility for divisive WOM and underwhelmed audiences. It already happened on Peele's last film