cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm impressed they contemplated delaying this in the first place considering what a dump job the studio has been treating it as.

Pretty sure it  a date change was discussed, but in the end they decided it would not help that much.

"And to some, the fact that Warners is willing to keep spending money to make the film better shows that the studio has faith in The Lost Kingdom. (In February, according to sources, the filmmakers of Blue Beetle, the other remaining DC movie that was made during the AT&T era and comes out in August, asked for two days of additional shooting but the studio turned them down. Safran had also been a producer on Beetle before his ascension to the executive ranks.)"

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom: Behind the Reshoots – The Hollywood Reporter

😬

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

"And to some, the fact that Warners is willing to keep spending money to make the film better shows that the studio has faith in The Lost Kingdom. (In February, according to sources, the filmmakers of Blue Beetle, the other remaining DC movie that was made during the AT&T era and comes out in August, asked for two days of additional shooting but the studio turned them down. Safran had also been a producer on Beetle before his ascension to the executive ranks.)"

😬

Sounds like they just want this entire universe to be over and done with. Yikes.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

😬

July 19, 12:24 p.m. Updated to note that the filmmakers of Blue Beetle were given two days of additional photography. A previous version said they were denied those days.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

But blue beetle is a dcu character. Surely you'd want the best impression of him.

I am still entirely convinced this was just said to try and prevent this from giga bombing like Shazam and Flash, and after it bombs we'll never hear the name uttered again. I still have no idea how Blue Beetle can "be the first DCU character" if superman legacy is the first DCU film.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I am still entirely convinced this was just said to try and prevent this from giga bombing like Shazam and Flash, and after it bombs we'll never hear the name uttered again. I still have no idea how Blue Beetle can "be the first DCU character" if superman legacy is the first DCU film.

Tend to agree.

This whole rollout of the end of the dceu and the start of the dcu has been sloppy and poorly executed. Amateur hour across the board 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I mean, just look at the film as not Canon. It's literally that easy. Also, Gunn has already said Booster Gold is going to be a part of his universe, who is intrinsically tied to Blue Beetle. It would be stupid of them to just cut ties with Xolo, one of the brightest young stars in Hollywood.

Just now, ChipDerby said:

I mean, just look at the film as not Canon. It's literally that easy. Also, Gunn has already said Booster Gold is going to be a part of his universe, who is intrinsically tied to Blue Beetle. It would be stupid of them to just cut ties with Xolo, one of the brightest young stars in Hollywood.

Agreed. Also with a considerable boomers following. My older brother Daniel loves him on Cobra Kai and yes he loves Karate Kid because of the obvious selfish reason.

• Haha 1