cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Looks like WB is trying a slightly different strategy in terms of endorsements compared to The Flash. 

It's a good thing that Gunn seems to be trying to get in good terms with the Snyderverse fans by seeking support from Snyder and Ayer. There's no point in alienating that fandom. I always defended that DC could move on from Snyder without making fans feel like what they loved was being disrespected. Even the more passionate Snyder haters will continue to support Gunn's DCU, because no matter what, they'll still want it to be more successful than the Snyderverse. This is the smart thing to do.

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It's a good thing that Gunn seems to be trying to get in good terms with the Snyderverse fans by seeking support from Snyder and Ayer. There's no point in alienating that fandom. I always defended that DC could move on from Snyder without making fans feel like what they loved was being disrespected. Even the more passionate Snyder haters will continue to support Gunn's DCU, because no matter what, they'll still want it to be more successful than the Snyderverse. This is the smart thing to do.

Screw Snyder. The man has no understand of how Superman worked and the DC films are in such a bad situation because of his films.

Zero need to cuddle the Snyder fans.

Barbie had one of my favorite insults about Snyder fandom. We can't reboot fast enough!

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Screw Snyder. The man has no understand of how Superman worked and the DC films are in such a bad situation because of his films.

Barbie had one of my favorite insults about Snyder fandom. We can't reboot fast enough!

It's ok that you feel that about Snyder. But him endorsing the reboot and his fans supporting it wouldn't change anything for you. The movies wouldn't have to face so much negativity online, though. And selling a few more tickets wouldn't hurt them either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Feelings about his work itself aside, it's not Snyder's fault at all that DC kept giving him movies though, is it? That's a weird thing to say. Ultimately the whole failure of the universe is a failure of the WB's leadership.

Regarding insults about Snyder's fandom, the one that shocked me for being really random and hilarious is the one in the first episode of The Bear. That was so unexpected and hilarious, I had to pause it because I couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I would post some of the reactions since the social embargo just dropped, but the only ones that have posted anything (probably the only ones they've shown the movie to so far) are the, uh, usual suspects.

I don't have a problem with those being posted. They tell very little about the actual movie but they could still be fun to see.

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I would post some of the reactions since the social embargo just dropped, but the only ones that have posted anything (probably the only ones they've shown the movie to so far) are the, uh, usual suspects.

I trust Erik Davis’ opinions with my life tbh

• Like 1