Cap

BLACK WIDOW OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | 80M DOM, 78 OS, Disney PR - 60M Premier Access (aka we swear it's not a disappoinment)

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Honestly, I do wonder how much of a difference PA makes in terms of home video business. I feel like it's just going to accelerate  the speed at which they start getting home video revenue (and skews it more towards D+ than 3rd party stores and physical) rather than actually increase the amount of money they get there. 

9 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

I feel like normal D+ kills home video in favor of subscription revenue. Then PA is an attempt to get the home video revenue back while still keeping subscription, at the cost of some theatrical rev.

IIRC Raya charted pretty highly on iTunes and other digital stores when it was available for purchases and rentals. It was also reported as the #1 physical seller when it came out on Blu/DVD in May. Obviously there aren't any raw numbers, and I'm sure sales have gone down since it became available for free in June, but judging from all this, PA arguably does increase the home video revenue as it doesn't impact movies that much...but also impacts box office making the overall revenue and profit about the same IMO.

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Let's see how it goes in the next few weeks, if we have a drastic drop Disney will have to totally think about its policy

imo they already had from the moment they said that shang shi will have a 45day theatrical exlusive window

• Like 4

Just now, Eric Belov said:

IIRC Raya charted pretty highly on iTunes and other digital stores when it was available for purchases and rentals. It was also reported as the #1 physical seller when it came out on Blu/DVD in May. Obviously there aren't any raw numbers, and I'm sure sales have gone down since it became available for free in June, but judging from all this, PA arguably does increase the home video revenue as it doesn't impact movies that much...but also impacts box office making the overall revenue and profit about the same IMO.

Checking flixpatrol, its digital home video numbers seem pretty mediocre to me, especially in comparison to the D+ Nielsen numbers we've seen. And I can't find any physical home video numbers for Raya yet, but Mulan's numbers seem bad. But I agree that the overall revenue doesn't really change by much here. 

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Checking flixpatrol, its digital home video numbers seem pretty mediocre to me, especially in comparison to the D+ Nielsen numbers we've seen. And I can't find any physical home video numbers for Raya yet, but Mulan's numbers seem bad. But I agree that the overall revenue doesn't really change by much here. 

Don't really know how to use Flixpatrol, so I'll take your word for it. As for physical, I don't think it's totally fair to use Mulan here, as that was a film dinged hard by several controversies and other outside circumstances. Either way, I think we are still on the same page

https://deadline.com/2021/07/black-widow-opening-weekend-box-office-1234789473/

The Walt Disney Company announced today that Marvel Studios’ Black Widow debuted to an estimated total of more than $215M globally this weekend, including $80M in domestic box office, $78M in international box office, and over $60M in Disney+ Premier Access consumer spend globall

with actuals , 80-85 mill os

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lokis Legion said:

The box office went low enough that they actually gave PA nums huh. Gotta wonder how the PA will leg.

what do you mean by that  ? the expectations were 81  and around 84 mill os, with actuals it will be close to that so ?