Eric Lasagna

The Exorcist: Believer | Universal/Blumhouse/Peacock | October 13, 2023 | RIP William Friedkin

They try to show the original actress as if she is JLC returning as Laurie Strode. This is a giant conceptual fail with even worse execution. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I thought the trailer was awful and eye rolling. I will still give the film a chance I suppose. 

9 hours ago, JohnCarterofEarth said:

The trailer was trash people were laughing in my theater.

9 hours ago, excel1 said:

What a horrible, cringe worthy trailer. the girl interrupting church was absurd.

Will be latest revitalized IP which fails.

Oh yikes. They’re usually pretty good at cutting decent trailers for horror films. 

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Oh yikes. They’re usually pretty good at cutting decent trailers for horror films. 

This is a complete misread of the market. They keep teasing the piano theme, etc. There is no atmosphere to this at all. 

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Well, FWIW I thought it was fine, there was no laughter in my theater and my daughter remarked afterwards that she wanted to see it, so as usual, YMMV.

Just now, Hiccup23 said:

I am very interested in seeing what this trailer looks like. My expectations are rock bottom

IMO it doesn't look bad (even if it does look a bit on the cheap/shlocky side for what's supposed to be a decades later legacy sequel) so much as it just seems totally unnecessary, and I'm not sure "Ellen Burstyn's Chris MacNeil is back" is anywhere nearly as effective of a hook as "JLC as Badass Grandma Laurie Strode." Who knows, maybe the movie itself will be fine, and Friday the 13th/October should save it from being completely shrugged off like Doctor Sleep was, but I'll be surprised if it makes more than half of what Halloween '18 did.