Eric is Quiet

The Exorcist: Believer | Universal/Blumhouse/Peacock | October 13, 2023 | RIP William Friedkin

What a really dumb move. The exorcist had all the space in the next weeks to get that #1. 

Barbenheimer really didn't teach nothing? It would have been fun and something very memable.

The fight for the #1 would have been fun here and a lot of free social promo was coming. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

What a really dumb move. The exorcist had all the space in the next weeks to get that #1. 

Barbenheimer really didn't teach nothing? It would have been fun and something very memable.

The fight for the #1 would have been fun here and a lot of free social promo was coming. 

This movie wasn't gonna hold a candle to Tay-Tay, especially since it's almost guaranteed to get slated by critics lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TMP said:

This movie wasn't gonna hold a candle to Tay-Tay, especially since it's almost guaranteed to get slated by critics lol

Deadline reported that the Eras event has already pre-sold $10m in tickets in 8 hours. Blum is not stupid and knew his movie would get destroyed, and with IMAX mad at him that they were stuck showing Exorcist when there was far more demand for Taylor. Every time I've seen the Believer trailer it's gotten big groans when the Exorcist connection was revealed.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 2:31 AM, ViktorLosAngeles said:

So should we expect $25-35 million opening?

I’m surprised about the long range tracking being as low as $18m, this new trailer brought the house down before the Nun 2. 

But they do have a good point, maybe The Exorcist isn’t as much of a name as it once was. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’m surprised about the long range tracking being as low as $18m, this new trailer brought the house down before the Nun 2. 

But they do have a good point, maybe The Exorcist isn’t as much of a name as it once was. 

I would say the audience for The Nun 2 is a bad demographic to how a trailer is recieved by the GA... It is going to be heavily biased in favor of any Horror movie. 

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

I would say the audience for The Nun 2 is a bad demographic to how a trailer is recieved by the GA... It is going to be heavily biased in favor of any Horror movie. 

Yes but the Nun 2 opened over $30m. 

Just have a hard time believing it’ll open in the teens. But like I said, maybe the name isn’t worth what it once was. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Heart 1

Awe, that makes me glad to hear.

Never got the complaints about the way it looked. It always hit me that it looked good.

But, I never saw the original, hehe. So, maybe, I have that lack of bias. But, the groans and such? Y'all crazy, omg...

Is the reception really that bad? Are y'all really that uninterested?