Eric Prime

Weekday Numbers (9/7-9) | Shang-Chi 6.62M Tuesday

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So I was discussing with @Legion of the Ten Crores that whether having Sunday as holiday boost OW or 4-days weekend spread out the business, to say if a normal OW was may be $85M ish instead of $75M 3 days and $95M 4 days. 

If its former, $40M+ weekend will make sense.

Besides its not summer anymore. Weekend drops MUST be soft.

Also if this movie goes in with 5m on thurday there is no way it jumps less than 120% (most likely 130-150%) and sat jump will be 60% give or take 5%.

5m => 11m -12.5m friday => 17.6m / 20m sat => sunday about equal to friday so yeah.

If thursday is 5m it won't go under 40m.

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Also if this movie goes in with 5m on thurday there is no way it jumps less than 120% (most likely 130-150%) and sat jump will be 60% give or take 5%.

5m => 11m -12.5m friday => 17.6m / 20m sat => sunday about equal to friday so yeah.

If thursday is 5m it won't go under 40m.

After great weekdays of Joker and seeing foreign holds, I thought it will do $65M 2nd weekend with very basic holds. It didn't. End up doing just $55M. Which was great ofc 😛

Oct 11, 2019 Friday 1 $16,906,386 +103.6% -57% 4,374 $3,865 $154,635,173 8
Oct 12, 2019 Saturday 1 $22,137,778 +30.9% -31.8% 4,374 $5,061 $176,772,951 9
Oct 13, 2019 Sunday 1 $16,817,239 -24% -31% 4,374 $3,844 $193,590,190 10

The film is doing big business in Canada, having 5% Chinese ethinic population. Canada don't get big FRI bump and holds better in weekdays generally, so it is very likely we don't get normal FRI bump.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

American-(other culture) isn't exactly a sell for the mainland of that culture. So its not a smart thing to say that if the film has American-(other culture) characters, it will do bonkers in that other culture.

Sometime it can, but those are exception. 

It is nuts how many times this has to be explained on these forums. 

Yep John. Rest it. You know its 7+, that's more than enough. In just 5 hours or so there will be actuals anyways. 

I am more involved in forum and free-ish, so I used to give frequent update, but EC or RTH have IRL jobs to do.

Anyways, last time I saw the numbers, range was $7-7.5M, so can expect $7.3M ish if you want.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So I was discussing with @Legion of the Ten Crores that whether having Sunday as holiday boost OW or 4-days weekend spread out the business, to say if a normal OW was may be $85M ish instead of $75M 3 days and $95M 4 days. 

If its former, $40M+ weekend will make sense.

Besides its not summer anymore. Weekend drops MUST be soft.

this is ambitious goal but BP only -45% coming off from February holiday weekend. So not impossible to wish for, 

3 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

this is ambitious goal but BP only -45% coming off from February holiday weekend. So not impossible to wish for, 

True and BP had $30m+ worth of openers to deal with in its second weekend, Shang-Chi only has Malignant which is likely to do <$5m. 

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

True and BP had $30m+ worth of openers to deal with in its second weekend, Shang-Chi only has Malignant which is likely to do <$5m. 

Not to mention BP is a 200m opener, but SC, sorry, isn't even coming close. 

41 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

That will be impossible from the 7 PM numbers I saw though this is first Tuesday I am looking at post my break, so I will be 90% sure of it not being 6.5M ish. 

I have no idea. But he definitely has sources and posted this morning. He has been tracking BO since early 80s !!!